Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE GREEK DISH??
Greek Planet Forum > Greek Planet Discussions "Διάλογος" > Greek Planet Kitchen "Kουζίνα"
Monty Python
As you can guess by now, i am asking members to say what they think is the best dish.
if this has appeared previously I apologise

smile.gif
Sennitsa
Is cool Monty

We always like talking about food

My favourite dish is moussaka
Blaze
I have a couple:

*Pastitsio
*Roast lamb/chicken with potatoes in the oven
*Youvetsi with kritharaki
*Lamb Yeeros with tzatziki
proculus
Rizoni (kri8araki) and beef rocks...my aunt's pastitsio in Greece is unbeatable
Pyrgos
It's hard to beat a good lamb on the spit
proculus
depends on how big a stick you use...yes I KNOW it's a bad joke already! tongue.gif
vagg0s
fasolada pou tin troei oli i ellada!!
RaNdOm
nai me tin fasolada sou mas klanei oli i ellada

i rekon yeeros is the best food the greeks have invented
Xristina
umm i think this topic has been done b4 but anyways there are too many dishes i like it depends on what mood im in and wat i want to eat
Pyrgos
QUOTE(RaNdOm @ Apr 27 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]29871[/snapback]

nai me tin fasolada sou mas klanei oli i ellada

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

soooo true
Anes
mmmmmmmmmmm FRIKASE mmmmmmmmmmmm
HiNrg
Pastitiooooooooooooooooooooooooo...yummmmmmmm

IPB Image

My future wife will have to learn the recipe off my mum or there are going to be problems..lol
JIMMYJUMP
If my future wife cant make pastichio on call 24/7, then she will become my EX wife.

I love all greek food, except spanakorizo Various_Artists-yucky.gif , psarosoupa Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif and anything with celery Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif

Now can someone explain to me why the fark would u drink celery juice?
Anes
i had frikase last night smile.gif yummmmmmmmmmmm avgolemono eki pera smile.gif
lol @ JJ the only time ill eat cooked celery is when my mum makes fasolatha smile.gif right now i feel like kondosoufli yum.......
lil mz twouble
roast goat with oil and oregano

rabbit stifado (OMG YUM)

fasolada the way my thia makes it - no tomato, plenty of lemon... YUMMMMM

bbq quails

pastitsio

tiropitaaaaaaaaaaaa
Monty Python
i like
moussaka
lamb on the spit
kolouria (is that how u spell it)
tiropita
and a good yeeros (from Victoria Yeeros)
Anes
LIL MIZ EWWWWWWWWWWW KATSIKI U JUST MADE ME DRY REACH YUM MAN
omo
pastition yummmm! Its the only thing i can cook coz its my favourite smile.gif
lil mz twouble
QUOTE(Anes @ May 1 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]30459[/snapback]

LIL MIZ EWWWWWWWWWWW KATSIKI U JUST MADE ME DRY REACH YUM MAN

my god anes i had it in greece and it was yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
d(o_0)b
QUOTE(Pyrgos @ Apr 27 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]29809[/snapback]

It's hard to beat a good lamb on the spit

Agreed biggrin.gif
proculus
You can find good katsiki here...usually out bush...dunno if I'd buy it from a butcher. Had some not long ago which was brought up on nothing but trifylli...sketo loukoumi...
IPB Image
KOUKLA69
I LOVE GREEKFOODS AS I COOK THEM MYSELF.. MY FAVOURITE IS MOUSSAKA, PASTICIO, FASOLAKIA AND OSSO BUCO.
k0ukz23Q
does there have to be ONE specific greek dish coz clearly i don't just have ONE favourite greek dish..

my favs consist of pastitso, tiropitakia, gemista, arni on the spit LOL n others cool.gif
Tellia Pavla
I would say mousaka is my favourite Greek dish, but I love the simple mezedes you have in Greece, such as Patates tiganites with rigani, Greek Salad, Saganaki Greek Feta Cheese, tiropites, tiganites etc all go down well with a glass of Mythos (Greek Beer)
WoGBoY
Hey i have plenty of favourite greek dishes. These are:
-Pastitsio
-Yemista (i think thats how u spell it)
-chicken with potatoes in the oven
-lamb yeeros
-lamb on the spit
-lagos(hare) stifado
-octapus on the bbq with lemos (YUMMMMMMMMMMMM)
-Tiropites/Spanakopites.

Ialso dont mind all the soups like fakes, psarosoupa. I cant stand mayeritsa though but the rest i can. However the foods mentioned above are the bestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. And no other food can beat them.
Vicky
QUOTE(Anes @ Apr 28 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]29908[/snapback]

mmmmmmmmmmm FRIKASE mmmmmmmmmmmm

Frikase is alrighttttt lol

QUOTE(JIMMYJUMP @ Apr 29 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]30206[/snapback]

I love all greek food, except spanakorizo Various_Artists-yucky.gif , psarosoupa Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif and anything with celery Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif Various_Artists-yucky.gif

I HATE SPANAKORIZOOOO Various_Artists-yucky.gif my mum make's it all time and it's the grottiest shit EVER! also i hate calamarakia yemista Various_Artists-yucky.gif

Favourite has to be

Fila aka Dolmades... specially the way my yiayia makes them pwahhh with lot's of augolemono on it and yaourti GOES OFF!! it's sunday tradition for us kalymnian's to have them biggrin.gif thank god

I like pastitso too but i don't like yemista lol
TrelloPontios
I dont know if you guys have of of this...

Bouyourdi

its fetta cheese, peppers or tomato in a clay dish then in the oven until its golden and melted, its really good

its not a whole meal, its more for mezedes
TrelloPontios
You oil a clay dish
Put crumbled fetta, cut peppers and tomatos in the dish
Add black pepper
And some oregano

The finishing product:
IPB Image
Shorty
QUOTE(K`23Q - @ May 7 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]31469[/snapback]

does there have to be ONE specific greek dish coz clearly i don't just have ONE favourite greek dish..

my favs consist of pastitso, tiropitakia, gemista, arni on the spit LOL n others cool.gif

thats so true. Especcially the way greeks love their food. my boss at work the other day asked me what my favourite greek dish was, it was so hard to choose one. and after struggling to answer she goes "i understand, greek food is that good you cant chose, i loooove saganaki though" --- shes a kineza ttoo.
k0ukz23Q
exactly... bravo shorty mou smile.gif
Xristina's sxc lil sis
i like most greek foods(except a select few)!!!!! u see me at family gatherings eating my own weight in food BUT arvi sto souvla ALWAYS wins 4 me. i culd go sum rite now as a matter of fact!!!
and sum saganaki culd go down well too

let me tell u the story about me and saganaki:
the second week i got to greece, yiayia and papou took me to three of the islands(kefalonia, zakinthos and ithaki) everynight we went out for dinner,
first night: GALATIA ti thelis?? ummmm saganaki and macaronia me kima (the macaronia wernt finishd)
second night: ...GALATIA ti thelis?? ummm saganaki and 3 souvlakia(i only ate one souvlaki)
third night....GALATIA ti thelis?? umm saganaki and a gyro(yeeros)(i only ate half)
fourth night: ... GALATIA thelis saganaki?? nai laugh.gif
so everynight i had saganaki:P:P

xoxo im2sxc
Blaze
QUOTE(Xristina's sxc lil sis @ Aug 27 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]48135[/snapback]

fourth night: ... GALATIA thelis saganaki?? nai laugh.gif

rofl.gif rofl.gif

I've started appreciating Bamies...mum made them really nice for once and they weren't slimy...Ultimate fav still has to be arni sto fourno me patates!!
Pags
favourite greek dishes...umm..to hard to chooseeee......as long as it isnt spanakoriso ill eat it if im in the mood
Vicky
Saganaki is nice.. i had it for the first time in melbourne... my mummy makes it too smile.gif it's the best..

as for greeks loving food my boss is so bad... every time i start at 9 she is like Vicky mou efages kati, na thia i don't like breakfast.. GO GET SOMETHING TO EAT RIGHT NOW! lol and then when i get back from my lunch break she is like what did you eat, i say a can of coke zero.. she sends me back of and makes me get food laugh.gif
Shorty
oh man and i thought my boss was bad, i turn up to work saturday mornings and my boss is like...Here's ur breakfast and he makes me scrambled eggs, after my lunch break they give me a piece of cake just to be sure iv eaten enough...all this from kinezi. lmao
Mini_Twilight
QUOTE(**Soccer Chick** @ Aug 27 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]48020[/snapback]

Frikase is alrighttttt lol
I HATE SPANAKORIZOOOO Various_Artists-yucky.gif my mum make's it all time and it's the grottiest shit EVER! also i hate calamarakia yemista Various_Artists-yucky.gif

spanakorizo tastes bad because of the high levels of iron in the spanakia, the key is to be liberal with the herbs lol.

My favourites;
arnaki sto fourno me patates
xtapothaki lemonato sto bbq
souzoukakia me poure
yemista
glykoula
how do u ppl not eat spanakorizo? yum!! i love spanaki

saganaki is the bomb my mum makes it
xtapothaki sti skara mmm haven't had that in a while

you guys are making me hungry again sad.gif

yemista now that is one truly disgusting food! i don't know how you can't eat spanakorizo but you can eat yemista! blehhhh
Poniroula
lol glykoula depends on how the person makes it... some people make it all lumpy and like shit. i LOve my yiayias yemista infact i love all greek food apart from that soup they make at easter time patsa!!!!! YUCKY !!!!!
Shorty
QUOTE(glykoula @ Nov 1 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]63962[/snapback]

yemista now that is one truly disgusting food! i don't know how you can't eat spanakorizo but you can eat yemista! blehhhh

bleh are u insane? how can u eat spanakorizo and not yemista... yum...kypreika yemista are so much yummier than the greek ones. but still spanakorizo? ewwww.
glykoula
eh well lets just say i've bad experiences with yemista haha

but still even before this "bad experience" they were defineatly not my favourite
Vicky
QUOTE(glykoula @ Nov 1 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]63962[/snapback]

how do u ppl not eat spanakorizo? yum!! i love spanaki

saganaki is the bomb my mum makes it
xtapothaki sti skara mmm haven't had that in a while

you guys are making me hungry again sad.gif

I love spanaki,boiled with oil and lemon, but i won't touch spanakorizo.. It looks like white and green laspi...

Yemista I CAN'T STAND THEM TOO!! haha It's just the tomates and piperyies leave this nasty flavour
Cutey
i love vlita with lemon.......... i also love rouveliakia, chicken soup with auvolemono, fila lol typical kalymnia hahaha
Lutka
Hmmm... I love Yemista, augolemoni soupa, yourvoulakia and spanakopita. The xoriatikes spanakopites in Greece rocked!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.