IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> International Striker Joins Sydney Olympic In Signing Coup
JIMMYJUMP
post Feb 11 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #1

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Jordanian international striker Siraj Ahmad Yousif Saleh Al Tall (SIRAJ SL TALL) has been snapped up by one of Australia’s most successful football clubs, Sydney Olympic.

The 195cm al Tall, has scored four goals in ten games for his country and most recently played in the World Cup against Kyrgyzstan in October. He has come to Australia to finish a university degree and has been given the okay to join an Australian club by Jordainian powerhouse club Al Faisaly.

Sydney Olympic chairman Jim Kospetas was excited about his club’s most-recent acquisition. “Siraj is a talent and a gentleman as well.” said Kospetas. “I must give credit to (club football director) Manny Spanoudakis and (coach) Milan Blagojevic for their sharp eye and quickness in snaring a player of this calibre.”

At a lavish ceremony at Sydney’s Civic Hotel, the striker was just as upbeat as his new boss about playing in Australia.

“It is important to me that I can continue playing while I am here” said al Tall, who is also a renowned model in the Middle East. “My national coach Nelo Vingada, needs to know I am playing at a good level so he can continue to consider me for the national team”

“I would like to look at the A-League and other Asian leagues as well, but Olympic are a strong club that would not be out of place in a number of major leagues around Asia. The league is tough, and the standard is good … I am looking forward to the challenge” added al Tall.

The player’s agent Chris Tanner, a long time proponent of bringing Asian players to Australia paid tribute to Olympic’s vision.

“He would have been an ideal addition to an A-League squad, but the timing of his arrival was unfortunate.” said Tanner. “Olympic paid him the respect he deserved.”

Brief Player Bio

Name: Siraj Ahmad Yousif Saleh Al Tall

Nationality: Jordanian

Date and Place of Birth: 8/1/1982 – UAE

Height: 185cm

Weight: 80kg

Position: striker

Jordanian (Youth) Golden Boot -2002/03

Previous club - Al Faisaly (Jordan) 1999-2007

Asian (AFC) Cup winners 2004/05 (scored winning goal in semi-final)

Asian (AFC) Cup winners 2005/06 (scored winning goal in final)

Jordanian U/23 Olympic team

Jordanian National team – 10 caps (4 goals)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aliti
post Feb 11 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #2

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

It is fantastci news I met and had a chat Siraj Ahmad Yousif Saleh Al Tall WE ARE THE FIRST NSW PREMIER LEAGUE Club SYDNEY OLYMPIC to sign with us for this year

--------------------
THROUGH MY GLASSES I SEE MARS, SYDNEY OLYMPIC TAKE ME TO THE STARS

ANDREA THE LEGEND

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0k6c9FW...gif?w=500%22%22

+Quote Post
niko
post Feb 11 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 40

Massive signing rolleyes.gif

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
Aliti
post Feb 12 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #4

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 259

YOU DAMM RIGHT NIKO

IT IS A MASSIVE SIGNING

--------------------
THROUGH MY GLASSES I SEE MARS, SYDNEY OLYMPIC TAKE ME TO THE STARS

ANDREA THE LEGEND

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0k6c9FW...gif?w=500%22%22

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Mar 23 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Greekplanet Star

From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield
Member No.: 222

I am looking forward to seeing this guy play for Syd_Olympic !!

It's so frustrating not only for him but for us also waiting for him to get a start !!

I have Jordanian friends here in NthSyd that are wanting to come to Sydney Olympic games to watch their Jordanian mate and superstar !!

How frustrating this whole matter is for everyone !!

Cheers guys ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ... laugh.gif ... jerry.gif ...

Olympic Olympic Olympiiiiiccccccccc

This post has been edited by diaggello: Mar 23 2008, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post May 5 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #6

Greekplanet Star

From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield

Yes he did sign up with Olympic last week though i never saw him play against Apia Leichardt last Sunday ...

Does anyone know why he never played ?

Cheers ...

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.sydneyolympicfc.com/content/view/85/1/

Jordanian International cleared to play for Sydney Olympic

Courtesy of Football NSW

FIFA has cleared Jordanian International Siraj Al Tal and he will be eligible to play for Sydney Olympic in the round 10 clash against APIA Leichhardt Tigers.

Al Tal, the 185cm striker, with a bagful of goals, man-of-the-match awards, championship medals and other honours for his club and country in a number of domestic and Asian tournaments, was quickly snapped up by Sydney Olympic in the pre-season and impressed in his trial appearances in the Johnny Warren Cup.

His former club Al Faisaly of Jordan, claimed they had a five year contract, and forced the player and his management to go to FIFA. The clearance arrived this week, and the player will resume his training and playing duties with Sydney Olympic today.

“I just want to thank Milan and everyone at Olympic for being patient and waiting for me and my agent to sort this unfortunate mess out.” said al Tal.

“I also want to thank the staff of Football NSW and Football Australia for their efforts, and my national coach Nelo Vingada for speaking to the JFA on my behalf.”

Al Tal, who has two AFC Cup Winners medals from his time with Al Faisaly, was disappointed with his former club’s stance as they knew for some time he had been attending university and would not be returning to Jordan in the short term.

“It’s one of those unfortunate football things. I have put it behind me, and I am now focused on repaying Sydney Olympic for the faith they have placed in me, impressing A-League clubs, and hopefully representing Jordan again.” said the striker.

Al Tal is hoping to get some first grade game time quickly, although admits he is short on match fitness.

“I have had to work, to maintain my lifestyle and pay bills, and that has kept me away from Olympic training. Now I can be a footballer again, and I can’t wait to wear an Olympic shirt again,” said Al Tal, who also has an impressive portfolio in his other life as a male model.

It is believed that a number of A-League clubs have enquired about Al Tal to Olympic officials, and now the club has the opportunity to invite those A-League coaches to come and watch him play.

The drama has gone on for close to three months, and is a warning to young players around the world, who tend not to look too hard at the mechanics of contracts, or their rights within.

“There was no document registered with the national body, and what they did eventually produce at the behest of FIFA was a joke, not a contract.

“The player never signed a contract as such, and this is a common problem with Middle East clubs. They tried to bluff Sydney Olympic and failed, and in the meantime, they hurt one of their own national team players,” said Chris Tanner, the player’s agent.

sad.gif ... laugh.gif ... blink.gif ... jerry.gif ... Various_Artists-decayed.gif ... huh.gif ... blink.gif .. ph34r.gif ... wub.gif .... wink.gif ....

This post has been edited by diaggello: May 5 2008, 03:30 PM

+Quote Post
Seccie
post May 7 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Atzamis

Member No.: 203

He played in the Under 20's game and scored a goal.

He couldn't play first grade first up because of lack of game time.

+Quote Post
diaggello
post May 11 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #8

Greekplanet Star

QUOTE (Seccie @ May 7 2008, 04:00 PM) *
He played in the Under 20's game and scored a goal.

He couldn't play first grade first up because of lack of game time.

Awesome to hear he scored a goal !!

Thanks for the info too ... Had no idea what had happened to him that day !!

Cheers wink.gif ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ... welcomegp7xu.gif ... character0029.gif ... clap2.gif ... first.gif ...

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia