IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Total Confusion With Military Service & Citizenship!!, military service & citizenship
Nick T
post Feb 12 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #1

Atzamis

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,872

Hi all - I'm really hoping that soemone can help me unravel all this as it's doing my head in!!

A little of my background to start off with:

My dad is 100% Greek (has lived there all his life - and still lives there) and my mum is English, they were never married. I'm not registered anywhere in Greece (municipality, military etc) and presently only have a UK citizenship/passport.

I have recently had a DNA test with my dad privately in a Greek hospital which produced a certificate in Greek stating that we are father & son.

My questions are two fold:

1) Military service
I understand that citizenship is not needed to make you eligible for service - that being of Greek origin is all thats required. I understand that I am able to visit Greece for 6 months every calandar year without having to do military service BUT have been told that I MUST;
a) Register with the Greek military
b) Obtain a certificate of pernament foreign residence

What would happen if I didnt do these two things and went anyway?
How do I do these two things if I must?

Also, how much Greek blood do you need in you before you are no longer considered a Greek and therefore not eligible for service? For example, would my son (my Greek dads grandson) be eligible - what about his kids etc?

2) Citizenship
I might want to apply for citizenship at some point in the future but my father is not named on my English birth certificate and my parents were not married - so I have no mariage certificate. Would the Greek DNA test results (along with my fathers documents) be sufficient for me to apply for my citizenship?

Any answers you can give would be much appreciated - Thanks!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sennitsa
post Feb 13 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #2

GP TRELLI GAVRINA

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.greekplanet.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=1231

Hope this topic helps you. I did some research about this a few years ago.

Best point of call is to speak to someone at your greek embassy. Hopefully they will give you the right answer

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

08/02/1981 ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ ΖΕΙΤΕ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΑΣ ΟΔΗΓΕΙΤΕ

+Quote Post
Russel
post Mar 28 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Professional Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 423

dont worry !

the Greek bearacratic system is geared towards solving all such problems !

good luck.

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 08:48 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia