IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pantheon Versus Orthodoxy
EOKA ASSASSIN
post May 1 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #161

Professional Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 211

Nah I like to call it Paganism just to annoy them... If they wanna call Jesus a motherf*cker and homosexual, than i'll call them Pagans wink.gif

--------------------

...Greek Nationalist Guerilla Group E.O.K.A...

...its leader Colonel George Grivas...

...E.O.K.A. gunman ''the Turk killer'' Nicos Sampson...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blaze
post May 1 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #162

Professional Poster

Member No.: 119

Why don't you do the right thing but and not stoop to their levels?

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
athineos
post May 1 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #163

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 1,274

QUOTE(EOKA ASSASSIN @ May 1 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]92884[/snapback]

Nah I like to call it Paganism just to annoy them... If they wanna call Jesus a motherf*cker and homosexual, than i'll call them Pagans wink.gif

wow who says that
doesnąt Jesus preach to turn the other cheek anyway.
would you call a negroe a ni*&er? no. so donąt call Pantheon believers pagans if it is rude to them. show some respect.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post May 1 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #164

Guests

Exactly who are "they"? Specific names please.
Let's not be children here, we are discussing a topic, let's show each other a little respect even if we do not agree with the other person's opinion.

+Quote Post
Blaze
post May 1 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #165

Professional Poster

Member No.: 119

Besides, you aren't just disrespecting 'them' but all the people who believe in those gods...including your own ancestors. So you might as well respect the name of the religion.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post May 1 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #166

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

I think everyone in this topic should call things by their correct names and not add any swear words to them either.

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
pankration
post May 3 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #167

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 217

I've discovered that people will say things online to one another that they would never say face to face. This really is an interesting discussion, as it always is when you bring up religion. But there comes a point that you're just trying to convince someone with an opposite opinion that you're right. When your logic doesn't work then you resort to denigrating your opponent. But after the insults, you're right back to where you started.
The trouble with history is its interpretation by its contemporaries and later on (sometimes centuries later) its scholars. As far as the Bible is concerned, and I speak as a Greek Orthodox Christian, it is an interpretation of the word of God. The Old Testament IS the story and history of the Jews; like it or not, Christians accept this story as part of their own faith. I disagree with an earlier writer who implies it glorifies the Jews; on the contrary, God is testing the Jews and doing so through horrific conflict and moral challenges. Perhaps the Old Testament is the Jews' attempt to explain the great misfortune they always seem to encounter. I'll let Judaic scholars answer that one.
As a Christian, I'm offended by my brothers and sisters in faith, when they slam or disparage someone else's beliefs. Chrisitanity is supposed to be a faith of VOLUNTARY conversion (not always true unfortunately). Ruining aritifacts, abusing others and attacking other's religious buildings and institutions is UNCHRISTIANLIKE and should be stopped immediately. If not, believers in other faiths will respond in kind. Do we really want a modern version of the Crusades?
I will admit I don't know much about the Pantheon faith, other than the posted article, but they don't bother me so why should I bother them?

--------------------
Great summer reading. Free preview of the new novel, PATRIDA below. Link at:
www.pankration-novel-patrida.com
www.fightingbest.com

+Quote Post
athineos
post May 3 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #168

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 1,274

Speaking about jews. In my opinion they are cursed. They have their riches on the one hand but on the other, history has hunted them. Throughout time they have remained a nomad race, and never seem to find a place called home. They in constant war with someone ells. they are a joke

+Quote Post
pankration
post May 8 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #169

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 217

QUOTE(athineos @ May 3 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]93187[/snapback]

Speaking about jews. In my opinion they are cursed. They have their riches on the one hand but on the other, history has hunted them. Throughout time they have remained a nomad race, and never seem to find a place called home. They in constant war with someone ells. they are a joke

I don't agree about being a joke but I do agree that they are cursed. Others have suffered as much or more but no one has suffered as often. They might be God's chosen people but if I was Jewish I would pray to God to CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE! character0029.gif

--------------------
Great summer reading. Free preview of the new novel, PATRIDA below. Link at:
www.pankration-novel-patrida.com
www.fightingbest.com

+Quote Post
Hellenismos
post Dec 30 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #170

Atzamis

Member No.: 6,823

Brings a tear to my eye to see my brothers fight so, but we will overcome the seeds of hate and doubt foreigners have set in our country. My dream as a Hellenists is for us Hellenes to love one another as brothers and sisters to be aware we are members of remarkable race of people to ever tread on this earth.

May Athena Bless!!

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 04:45 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia