IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toumba For International Vs Spain, Paok's Standards Continue To Go Down
Tellia Pavla
post Aug 22 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

Have a look at the condition of Paok's home ground (Toumba) a day before Greece's international friendly with Spain, to celebrate Theo Zagorakis final match in a Greek National Team jersey.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/news.jsp?newsID=97937

The soccer team in my fathers horio (Pas Aheron) has a better playing surface after a full season of matches & Paok, a top Greek Super League team, with a full off season, during the summer where no matches were played on the ground, they come up with that for a international match against a big apponent in Spain & for a Paok Legend in Theo Zagorakis.

That just shows the difference between Paok & the top clubs in Greece.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Aug 22 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #2

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Greece-Spain Could Be Called Off Due To Disgraceful Pitch You know a pitch is bad when even the home coach admits it. Coach Otto Rehhagel of Greece and Luis Aragones of Spain have both criticised the state of the turf - one more than the other - as Greece prepare to welcome Spain to the PAOK "Toumba" Stadium in Thessaloniki. It's so bad, the match might not even go ahead...

"It's been a long time since I saw a pitch that bad," he blared. "It's worrying, because the risk of injury is heavily multiplied on such a field.

"It's just not fit for playing. It is dangerous."

He indicated that he'd rather see the game suspended than have the possibility of injury take place.

"We know that an international match is hard to postpone, but it's not worth playing it on this pitch. We'll see what happens, but it's just not worth an injury," he added.

His players queued up to agree, each anxious to remain fit ahead of the Liga opener this weekend.

"I hope logic reigns here," sniffed Xavi, while Andres Palop added, "I'm surprised at the pitch. It's impassable. We will need to avoid injuries. The Liga is imminent and risk is at its highest when the turf is like this."

Mariano Pernia echoed his boss' earlier words, saying he'd "never seen a pitch like it since [he] was a kid."

The Greek FA, to their credit, actually responded in a similar vein.

Often, host countries will do their utmost to see the game go ahead, even on a poor pitch, but the Hellenic Football Federation is reportedly furious that PAOK Thessaloniki allowed their pitch to decay in such a fashion.

Coach Otto Rehhagel admitted, "Of course, I feel the pitch isn't in a good condition, and I can only hope that it improves."

Spain have injury problems in defence while Greece face casualties in attack ahead of tonight's friendly clash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PAOKARA
post Aug 24 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 277

The Pitch tt Toumba is normally top 3 in the League, the PAOK board informed the epo about this problem overe 2 weeks ago, but as usual the epo did nothing. Our NEW pitch was ment to be in over a week ago but for financial reasons that got pushed back to September.

That just shows the difference between Paok & the top clubs in Greece.

Yeah good one ... fuck you have no idea.

This post has been edited by PAOKARA: Aug 24 2007, 11:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 03:58 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia