IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beijing Olympics
Sennitsa
post Aug 13 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #1

GP TRELLI GAVRINA

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I watched the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony on Friday night. At first I thought it was wonderful, so synchronised so technical. Then I saw the military walk in carrying the Chinese Flag and the National anthem was sung. I thought it odd as this is usually done after the president opens the games. I lost interest in it and by the time the flame was lit I was over it.

Today it was revealed that the little girl who was singing was actually miming to a recording sung by another girl. It turns out that this other girl was dumped because she wasn't as pretty and had uneven teeth.

It was also revealed that the dazzling chain of massive fireworks that traced Route One north from Tiananmen Square to the main Olympic zone during the opening ceremony, amazing television viewers and the audience in the Bird's Nest stadium, was mostly computer-generated.
"It was the image of our national music, our national culture. And especially since it accompanied the arrival of the national flag in the arena, this was an extremely serious matter," he said.

I feel for the poor little girl. What does something like this do to her self esteem?

I look back to Athens and the opening ceremony which was the most amazing ceremony I have ever seen. You cannot compare the two. The Beijing ceremony was all about China and not the Olympics.

What is next, will something else come to light during these games?

I do not believe that China given it's human rights record should have been awarded the olympic games. Yet another mistake by the IOC which was headed by Juan Antonio Samaranch at the time.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

08/02/1981 ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ ΖΕΙΤΕ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΑΣ ΟΔΗΓΕΙΤΕ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paulii
post Aug 13 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
From: Melbourne - On the DannCeee Floor Drinking Tequila Babyyy
Member No.: 3,463

i was at work whilst the opening ceremony took place so i cant comment on that aspect.

What i loved about the Greek opening ceremony was that it was spiritual. just beautiful.

This post has been edited by paulii: Aug 13 2008, 08:16 PM

+Quote Post
Kathisterimeni
post Aug 22 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Greekplanet Elite

Group: Members
Member No.: 283

I didnt like it either, it felt like I was getting a facial laugh.gif (You know how the spas play really soft relaxing music?) I got bored I think just after the people in the type writer bit and I was struggling to keep my eyes open, I ended up waking up at 3am to turn the TV off, didnt even last until the flame was lit, that ceremony knocked me the fuck out.

QUOTE (Sennitsa @ Aug 13 2008, 06:02 PM) *
I look back to Athens and the opening ceremony which was the most amazing ceremony I have ever seen. You cannot compare the two. The Beijing ceremony was all about China and not the Olympics.

You're right about not being able to compare the two, but how easy it for Greece to make their Opening Ceremony more Olympic history related? It originated in Greece. That's why it was so amazing. What has China got that has anything to do with the Olympics? Other countries only have the history and culture of their countries to offer the world, we had that little bit more.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Don't reach for the stars..... You'll just look like an idiot stretching for no reason

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 06:57 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia