IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automatic Vs Manual
Is your car Manual or Automatic?
Is your car Manual or Automatic?
Automatic [ 6 ] ** [37.50%]
Manual [ 10 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Sennitsa
post Mar 13 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #1

GP TRELLI GAVRINA

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Well the topic is self explanatory. Is your car manual or automatic?

I drive an auto. I have an option to drive it as a manual but without a clutch.

I Hadn't driven manual for a long time. Yesterday I drove my boyfriend's car which is manual. I struggled a bit but finally managed to drive it. I only stalled it twice.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

08/02/1981 ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ ΖΕΙΤΕ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΑΣ ΟΔΗΓΕΙΤΕ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
k0ukz23Q
post Mar 13 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #2

= MiZ BaLLbReAkA =

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

axxxx.. good topic..

you see i used to drive an auto for 4 years.. i learnt on an automatic so i always stuck with it.. but since i bought my recent car.. i decided to buy it in manual and drive manual..

ever since then i've been driving manual and im loving it.. you have more control of your car and you enjoy driving it.. i personally think automatic is b0ring.. you do nothing but brake and accelerate.. there is no fun in it.. you need a clutch and play around with the gears!!

lollll senna dw i used to stall it all the time when i first learnt.. it was hilarious.. and i used to bunny hop the car.. poor thing but nowwww i'm a pro! and it's the best choice i've made!!

manual all the way for me! smile.gif

--------------------
= INDULGE MOTORSPORTS =

+Quote Post
Yianni
post Mar 13 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 769

I agree with K`23, Manual is the only way to go, you get a better feel for the car and also it isn't boring like Auto is.

My vote is and always will be for Manual.

--------------------
It's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it, just think about it.

+Quote Post
Puppy
post Mar 13 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #4

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 14

I don't drive yet tongue.gif but I'm going manual also! I am going to learn & drive manual once I get my licence Various_Artists-shifty.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
..::|[Love me, or hate me... It's still an obsession]|::..

IPB Image

+Quote Post
PAOKARA
post Mar 13 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 277

Depends on the car, my car is an Auto, and wont get my car in a manual, defeats the purpose.

However, for sports cars etc... there should be no ifs or buts about it... Manual all the way, a couple weeks ago i drove my mates s15(200sx) and i could not imagine driving the same car in Auto

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vicky
post Mar 13 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 35

Welllll when i was doing lessons my dad advised me to do auto "eisai ligo hazoula kai esi tha hazevis stis taxitites kai de tha koitas to dromo" <-- direct quote

So i did a few manual lessons to get the gist of it, then did an auto test for my P's. Now that i am off my P's i can drive either but i shall stick to Auto simply cause it's easier

--------------------

+Quote Post
SSS 801
post Mar 13 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #7

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 128

The choice is easy MANUAL is the way 2 go u have more control of the vehicle and can manouver it better,for city driving(peak hour) or george st on a fri sat nite lol ure left leg does start to hurt after a while especially if you have a heavy duty clutch.Ive been driving manual since i was 16 best thing ive ever done was learn manual you have more fun with the car.

--------------------
S S S - 8 0 1

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Mar 14 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #8

Professional Poster

Member No.: 119

Auto, couldn't really care about changing gears yet, one less thing I have to concentrate on. Besides the most fun you can have in a car is in the back seat, not the front. laugh.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Mar 15 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #9

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Blaze @ Mar 14 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]86417[/snapback]

Auto, couldn't really care about changing gears yet, one less thing I have to concentrate on. Besides the most fun you can have in a car is in the back seat, not the front. laugh.gif

Get a car first tongue.gif

Manual, especially if your an aggressive driver such as me.

Nothing beats dropping it from 4th to 2nd to overtake some malaka who has been driving at 40km/h in a 60 zone.

Changing gears becomes second nature once you drive manual.

You tend to be more alert when driving manual as you always changing gears to adapt to the road/traffic and speed conditions.

Yes, the clutch can be a pain in the arse in traffic, so next car I get must be a triptonic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Mar 20 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #10

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

QUOTE(Blaze @ Mar 14 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]86417[/snapback]

Why don't you get your license first. tongue.gif

I got a manual license and i drive my sisters manual car, i love it. I used to hate manual when i first started driving because i was shit at it, but i'm ok now. I don't do so many stalls now. lol

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
nate
post Mar 20 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Super Moderator

Member No.: 156

Depends. If it's a 7speed MB-Auto, that would have to be the choice over a 5 or 6 manual. Normally i'd prefer manual though. Especially when the choice is; crappy 4spd aussie made auto or manual.
Commodores and Falcons have the worst transmissions ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pankration
post Mar 23 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #12

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 217

QUOTE(nate @ Mar 20 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]87284[/snapback]

Depends. If it's a 7speed MB-Auto, that would have to be the choice over a 5 or 6 manual. Normally i'd prefer manual though. Especially when the choice is; crappy 4spd aussie made auto or manual.
Commodores and Falcons have the worst transmissions ever.

I can't speak to Australian cars being from Canada but this is my take on this issue:

Everyone should know how to drive a stick (especially men, sorry for the sexism, ladies).
When I was in Europe (where most cars are manual) I noticed very little eating, talking on the phone, drinking coffee etc. People there DRIVE, not use their cars as rolling kitchens. When North Americans bitch about how aggressive the driving is over there they are upset that they can't multi-task like they do at home.
Having said that, when you live in a community that faces rush hours every day, a manual is a pain in the ass. My SUV (yeah, I know but I think Gore is wrong!) is an automatic. My other cars (now remember I'm a LOT older than most of you) are one older German sedan and one new German sedan. Both have tiptronic like functions--you can swith to manual shifting (no clutch) if you like. Not quite the same but great for a fast boot on a Sunday morning (when I skip church to have coffee with Nate laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ).

--------------------
Great summer reading. Free preview of the new novel, PATRIDA below. Link at:
www.pankration-novel-patrida.com
www.fightingbest.com

+Quote Post
Petro
post Mar 23 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #13

Professional Poster

Member No.: 375

QUOTE(Blaze @ Mar 14 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]86417[/snapback]

Damm right there Blaze thumbsup.gif Various_Artists-shifty.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

depending on wat sought of a person u are u might like manuel or u might like auto, i really like the tip tronic cars now cos atleast u can rev out the gears plus u dnt have to use a clutch i love my manuel but at times i wouldnt mind auto

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
enas ellinas
post Jul 8 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #14

Atzamis

Member No.: 2,123

Well i have had the luxury of driving both.

But my personal opinion is AUTO'S ARE THE ULTIMATE BLUDGES CAR, THE YUPPIE.

there is nothing like driving a manual 500hp street car.

MY GTHO loves being a man and i wouldn't change it for the world.

My daily driver is also a man which comes just under 400hp at the wheels and i still smoke and eat i it.

you just get used to it.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Otan mou Milas Then Se Akouo

+Quote Post
k0ukz23Q
post Jul 8 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #15

= MiZ BaLLbReAkA =

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(enas ellinas @ Jul 8 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]100287[/snapback]

But my personal opinion is AUTO'S ARE THE ULTIMATE BLUDGES CAR, THE YUPPIE.

LOL! i agree.. typical bludgers car.. i drove my previous car the other day, it being automatic and it just felt wrong.. As i went to put the gear into drive, my initial reaction was to put the clutch in.. yeah clearly with an auto there is no clutch duh! But.. it's a habit LOL and it sticks with you...

I tested my theory out the other day, the car doesn't pull as fast with an automatic as it does with a manual transmission. So to all those bludgers who drive automatic vehicles.. get off your asses and learn how to drive a manual! Once you start, you'll never go back to an automatic! And you'll be glad!! dirol.gif

--------------------
= INDULGE MOTORSPORTS =

+Quote Post
enas ellinas
post Jul 10 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #16

Atzamis

QUOTE(Zylia @ Jul 8 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]100298[/snapback]

LOL! i agree.. typical bludgers car.. i drove my previous car the other day, it being automatic and it just felt wrong.. As i went to put the gear into drive, my initial reaction was to put the clutch in.. yeah clearly with an auto there is no clutch duh! But.. it's a habit LOL and it sticks with you...

I tested my theory out the other day, the car doesn't pull as fast with an automatic as it does with a manual transmission. So to all those bludgers who drive automatic vehicles.. get off your asses and learn how to drive a manual! Once you start, you'll never go back to an automatic! And you'll be glad!! dirol.gif

ill never change to an auto, too much stuffing around if it breaks down, and you can't jump start the damn things.

And also alot more expensive to service or replace.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
NO.1 WOG
post Jul 10 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 8

Manuel is heaps better , only because you drive the car... and you can controll it...

As for automatic the car drives itself for you and all you do is hit the gas and the brake ...

Personally i've been driving manuel since the age for 13 years old in the old xy's and gt's and that shows true skill how to drive ... 2 feet on the clutch one on the accelerator. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
enas ellinas
post Jul 10 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #18

Atzamis

QUOTE(NO.1 WOG @ Jul 10 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]100405[/snapback]

Manuel is heaps better , only because you drive the car... and you can controll it...

As for automatic the car drives itself for you and all you do is hit the gas and the brake ...
Personally i've been driving manuel since the age for 13 years old in the old xy's and gt's and that shows true skill how to drive ... 2 feet on the clutch one on the accelerator. smile.gif

Ive been driving the XY since i was 15 and let me tell you learning to drive in this thing with a one ton heavy duty hidrolic clutch can get abit tricky but now im drifting better than the Jap cars, and like i said 500hp at the rear tyres is alot of fun. lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 12:55 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia