IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Space-time Vortex
Morpheus
post Dec 25 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Greekplanet P Plater

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Space-time Vortex

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/16...b.htm?list29945

November 16, 2005: Is Earth in a vortex of space-time?

We'll soon know the answer: A NASA/Stanford physics experiment called Gravity Probe B (GP-B) recently finished a year of gathering science data in Earth orbit. The results, which will take another year to analyze, should reveal the shape of space-time around Earth--and, possibly, the vortex.

Time and space, according to Einstein's theories of relativity, are woven together, forming a four-dimensional fabric called "space-time." The tremendous mass of Earth dimples this fabric, much like a heavy person sitting in the middle of a trampoline. Gravity, says Einstein, is simply the motion of objects following the curvaceous lines of the dimple.

If Earth were stationary, that would be the end of the story. But Earth is not stationary. Our planet spins, and the spin should twist the dimple, slightly, pulling it around into a 4-dimensional swirl. This is what GP-B went to space to check

--------------------
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morpheus
post Feb 24 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 42

Humble telescope confirms two new moons of pluto.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/...leases/2006/09/

--------------------
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

+Quote Post
pankration
post Feb 22 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 217

I love astronomy but don't have the time to pursue it. Thanks for the info. It looks very interesting as do the links.

--------------------
Great summer reading. Free preview of the new novel, PATRIDA below. Link at:
www.pankration-novel-patrida.com
www.fightingbest.com

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Mar 14 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #4

Guests

interesting then les tipota

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia