IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preperations For Easter
Shorty
post Apr 1 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #1

>>GP Kyprea

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 95

Well its that time of year again when our mothers spend hours in the kouzina preparing the finest foods for this week long feast.

What are the traditional foods your family prepares for this time of the year, and which part of greece do they come from?

We of cource spent a whole day 9am till 9pm cooking flaounes, some with sultanas and some without, undoutably the best food ever. This year i also have to prepare the avgolemoni on my own, my mum thinks that her training was adaquet. lmao gia na doume ti 8a gini.
iv gotten into the easter spirit, and for my imaginary country i have to write about in my spanish essay i have called it "flaouna" the capital city is "tiri" and the currency is "stafides", i also went on the describe the types of people in this country (aka the types of cheeses) and the countries terrain is mountainous. lmao.

OK SO LADIES, WHAT FOOD WILL YOU BE COOKING THIS YEAR? I think this is the typical mothers ideal week to train her daughters to be good nikokires
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Apr 1 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Professional Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

My mum and aunty are making tsourekia right now. I'm too tired to help them, besides they don't want anyone in their way, they just get mean lol.

I'll help my mum with the koulourakia sometime this week. And maybe help her make fancy red eggs with the prints on them.

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Apr 1 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

mum i think is waiting to make the eggs, the flaounes and the koulouria all on tuesday because i dont have any class that day. she's smart - we're fasting on tuesday.

my giagia will be making more koupes and her flaounes very soon too.

we're also having the bbq at our joint sunday and heaven 4bid if something is so much as out of place my mother will rip ur head off.
shes like completely psycho at this time of year.

i cannot wait for easter, im pumped for it. i have a friends 20th that night but told her im going to mass. i cannot wait!!! it will be fantastic this year.

+Quote Post
Kathisterimeni
post Apr 1 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 283

Haha Patski, my mother is the same

She has the whole week planned out - Kalymnian style! laugh.gif

Koulouria, eggs and I have to finish the lambathes for the vaftistika (yes, I have to be creative, I hate giving them a plain white candle for Easter) laugh.gif
Tsourekia
Flaounes - Shorty I absolutely love them! Thank christ for the Cypriots! laugh.gif
hmm What else... *scratches head*
I have already cleaned the house from the god damn fans and down. So she can't possibly complain about it not being neat for Megali Evdomatha.

I cant WAIT for Sunday... I am going to eat so much food. They will be rolling my ass home! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Don't reach for the stars..... You'll just look like an idiot stretching for no reason

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Apr 1 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #5

>>GP Kyprea

QUOTE(Pat__ @ Apr 1 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]89046[/snapback]

we're also having the bbq at our joint sunday and heaven 4bid if something is so much as out of place my mother will rip ur head off.
shes like completely psycho at this time of year.

DITTO my god! its insane. as for the cleaning of the house, thats gonna happen this week, my little sister will mess it up hard if we do it any earlier. lmao

im gonna be in charge of the eggs, as always, but this years shit, cos i have uni till about 7pm thursday, come home n do the eggs, but i have massive suprise. red dye...sticky tape...OLYMPIAKOS!! haha gonna make a few, knowing my pappou will try break em all.

cannot wait, friday, saturday, sunday, easter is the best IMO.

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Apr 2 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #6

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

I can't wait till friday when i go to church and help stolisi the epitafio with the flowers. Will i see u there Shorty?

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Apr 2 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #7

>>GP Kyprea

probably not.

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 08:05 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia