IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lane Cove Tunnel
Louky
post Apr 10 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Proud Greek

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

The $1.1 billion Lane Cove Tunnel, the expanded Gore Hill Freeway and new Falcon Street ramps is now open. Years of planning, community consultation and construction have gone into the Lane Cove Tunnel project. The Lane Cove Tunnel is the final link in Sydney’s orbital network.

There are changes to traffic arrangements now the tunnel is open. Traffic may be heavy while motorists adjust to these changes, particularly at peak times. You can help make this transition run smoothly by familiarising yourself with the changes that will affect you.

This concludes and completes the final major artery and orbital roads of Sydney. Sydney can now be seen as a major 'loop' system, consisting of the M5, M5 East, Eastern Distributer, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Tunnel, Lane Cove Tunnel, M2 and westlink M7.

Ok i finally driven on this road and I can say its not worth all the hype.

I dont really have the need to use it but gave it a shot just to get the feel of it and see whats its like.

I was in the area for a work related purpose and i started by entering on the pacific highway entrance. I then followed the road, it then lead to the M2 motorway and then that lead to the M7 motorway. I ended up at Prestons and that was the final of my journey.

In peak hour traffic, from Artarmon to Prestons it took approx 47mins. Thats not bad considering it was Peak hour traffic. The M5 would take longer in time from from the same areas.

The Lane Cove tunnel is free to use until April 2007. After this date a toll applies.

If you guys used it post your thoughts and comments.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Louky
post Apr 26 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Proud Greek

Tolling has started on the Lane Cove Tunnel on and from today 26th April 2007.

The Lane Cove Tunnel and the new Falcon Street ramps are fully electronic.

It costs $2.55 for cars to use the toll. huh.gif

I managed to use teh lane cove tunnel twice during its one month free trial period Various_Artists-decayed.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monty Python
post Apr 26 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Greekplanet God

Member No.: 16

was it worth it lol

--------------------
Each of us has his own special gift & u know this was meant to be true. And if u don't underestimate me, I won't underestimate u.

+Quote Post
MADWOG
post Apr 26 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 121

monty drive on it and see if its worth it

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jun 1 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #5

Proud Greek

The Lance Cove tunnel has only been open for around 2 months now and so far over 13,000 motorists have been caught speeding in the tunnel. Almost 1 million dollars in speeding fines have been issued to motorists using the lane cove tunnel alone. Many motorists have argued that there is poor sign in the tunnel. on may 30th roads minister said that fines would not be waived or no sign of leniency would be made. this was due to the horrific tunnel tragedy in in melbourne a month earlier. less than 24 hours later the roads minister announced that all fines would be void and any payment of fines would be refunded and demerit points reinstated on the persons licence.

One guy on the news said that he got done doing 80 in a 40 zone thus resulting in his licence being cancelled due to the accumilation of demerit points on his licence. out of the 13,500 over 6000 were fined for doing over the 40k zone.

the change of decision was from nsw premier after many people complaind.

the decision was just simple commonsence.

i have personally used this tunnel and i must say that there is poor signerage and at the same time the ramps are on a steep grade meaning the car can pick up speed more quickly compared to level ground.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 01:21 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia