IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tough Driving Restrictions for 'L' and 'P' plate drivers
Louky
post Jan 8 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #21

Proud Greek

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

u guys deserve what u get

p platers could lose their licence for minimum 3 months for any first offence.

NSW govt to respond to P-plate issue

The NSW government has promised to respond within a week to the recommendations of a panel investigating ways to reduce the number of road accidents involving novice drivers.

NSW Roads Minister Eric Roozendaal hopes the panel will finalise its recommendations when it meets on Tuesday.

One of the most contentious issues it has been considering is whether passenger and night driving restrictions should be placed on probationary drivers.

The government has previously rejected the proposal but Mr Roozendaal has promised to consider whatever recommendations the panel made.

Despite promising to consider the recommendations with an open mind, Mr Roozendaal reacted skeptically to a proposal by the NRMA for a zero-tolerance policy to be adopted for P-plate drivers.

Under the proposal revealed on Monday, the demerits scheme would be abolished for P-plate drivers, meaning licences would be suspended for any traffic offence.

But Mr Roozendaal said the policy could lead to inexperienced drivers losing licences for offences such as failing to indicate.

"I'll look at any proposal that may make driving safer for young drivers but I don't want to unfairly penalise P-plate drivers by making it so difficult for them that it just doesn't work," he said.

NRMA motoring and services president Alan Evans said the zero tolerance policy would be tough on young drivers but was necessary to save lives.

"Yes it's going to be tough ... but from our research we think it's better than any other measure being proposed such as curfews, and restrictions - they don't work either," Mr Evans said.

A survey of 1,000 NRMA member P-platers indicated that young drivers would prefer the zero-tolerance policy over other restrictions.

Young drivers safety panel member Robert Wells said the zero-tolerance policy would be ineffective unless it was accompanied by passenger restrictions.

"It still doesn't alter the fact that if you've got five kids in the car, that's potentially five kids dead. And it's no good taking someone's licence off them after they're dead," he told AAP.

Mr Wells' 17-year-old son Bryce was one of four young people killed in an accident near Byron Bay in northern NSW last year.

Opposition Leader Peter Debnam said the abolition of demerit points for P-plate drivers should be accompanied by a bigger police presence on the roads.

"You can put in place any plan, you can put any policy in place (but) unless you have got police on the roads you can't enforce it," Mr Debnam told reporters

its interesting that it only takes a small percentage of P - plate drivers to ruin it for all.

Not all P plate drivers are the same in driving attitude but this is what it comes down too....

This post has been edited by Louky: Jan 8 2007, 09:07 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 10 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #22

Proud Greek

today new laws have been introduced for P plate drivers.

P Plate drivers are now restrcited to carrying no more than one passenger during the hours of 10pm to 5am

Also, P plate also face an automatic 3 month disqualification period for first time speeding offences of any kind as well as using mobile phone whilst driving.

This has sparked and triggered the NSW government for 'tough driving restrcitions for P Plate drivers in NSW and other states of Australia.

Whats interesting is that Insurance premiums apply to individuals under 25, thus tougher and stricter driving legislation should also appy to those under 25 years.

These new laws have been introduced due to the negligence and inappropriate behaviour and attitudes of p Plate drivers on NSW roads - in the pas year alone more than 100 P plate drivers have lost their lives - and this amount does not include passengers.

Its about time something has been done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Puppy
post Jan 10 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #23

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 14

man, they are getting a fair bit strict don't you rekon ? God knows what laws they will have by the damn i get my P's Various_Artists-cry.png Various_Artists-cry.png

--------------------
..::|[Love me, or hate me... It's still an obsession]|::..

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 10 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #24

Proud Greek

QUOTE(Puppy @ Jan 10 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]73211[/snapback]

man, they are getting a fair bit strict don't you rekon ? God knows what laws they will have by the damn i get my P's Various_Artists-cry.png Various_Artists-cry.png

its the P platers today and over the past 2 years who are ruining it for you and many others.

If they (P platers) didnt think that they are invincable and rebels on the road, it wouldnt of come to this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
glykoula
post Jan 10 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #25

Professional Poster

Member No.: 9

QUOTE(TrelloPontios @ Nov 28 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]68429[/snapback]

Driving simulaters should be used for L's

And P platers should take evasive driving courses, to know what to do to prevent accidents

agreed

QUOTE(Aliti @ Nov 29 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]68453[/snapback]

IT IS A VERY BIG ISSUE

thankyou for your very valuable input alitaki mou

QUOTE(sextoyjimi @ Nov 29 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]68487[/snapback]

This is stupid all the malakes that speed and drink drive arent going to stop because of some new bullshit laws its just a hassle for everyone else.

Also with the evasive driving courses isnt it enough that we havet to pay for the car,driving lessons, L`s computer test, Driving test, Hazard perception test, car rego and insurance which is like 5grand a yr if your a p-plater not to mention speed cameras and red light cameras at every fuken intersection AND $100 parking fines.

Are people fkn made of money or something?

i do agree that some of the costs of holding a licence is expensive but i don't agree with complaining about speed cameras etc abide by the rules its not that hard, if you want the responsibility to drive and have your own car etc be prepared to deal with all the things that come with it

as for driving lessons, prices are ridiculous, but lessons are not compulsory (not here in syd anyway), i passed first go and i not once went with a driving instructor AND im female laugh.gif

QUOTE(NO.1 WOG @ Nov 29 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]68498[/snapback]

Personally my thoughts on this matter don't give kids cars that do over 110km , your not going to stop kids from speeding with curfews and stuff you might as well go move to a communist country.

Honestly there should be driving awareness programs where you go on a skid pad and learn how to controll a car. Also showing videos of cars crashing and what could happen should shake people up alittle.

how would you prevent someone from getting a car that doesn't go over 110, all they care about is the money they get they don't give a fuck about your life unless you still have money owing on the car

and there are programs that go around to schools, i had to sit through many of them at school, no1 pays reall attention, and some of the footage they showed us was pretty full on, scarred me for life but whos to say if it affected the peson next to me at all

we even had a a fucked up car brought into our school with a rescue team to pull it apart to show us how long it takes to safely get someone who is trapped inside a smashed car out, it took up nearly the entire period, other programs would run for an entire day, most were just happy because they got time out of the class room

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Puppy
post Jan 10 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #26

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Louky @ Jan 10 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]73213[/snapback]

its the P platers today and over the past 2 years who are ruining it for you and many others.

If they (P platers) didnt think that they are invincable and rebels on the road, it wouldnt of come to this.

Eh, they should just have more cops on the road instead of making it that they can't take more then one person in the car. thats stupid, what if they are coming back from the movies with there 3 little siblings or something and the movie finishes at 10:20 ? what are they gonna do call there parents to pick up the little ones, or make them catch a train ? it's stupid :R

--------------------
..::|[Love me, or hate me... It's still an obsession]|::..

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_HBK_*
post Jan 11 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE(glykoula @ Jan 10 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]73236[/snapback]

as for driving lessons, prices are ridiculous, but lessons are not compulsory (not here in syd anyway), i passed first go and i not once went with a driving instructor AND im female laugh.gif

Relax kai si, your test would have been all straight roads with the odd turn kai no traffic lights.

I'm sure it would of been a walk in a park tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Jan 11 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #28

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(sextoyjimi @ Nov 29 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]68487[/snapback]

This is stupid all the malakes that speed and drink drive arent going to stop because of some new bullshit laws its just a hassle for everyone else.

Also with the evasive driving courses isnt it enough that we havet to pay for the car,driving lessons, L`s computer test, Driving test, Hazard perception test, car rego and insurance which is like 5grand a yr if your a p-plater not to mention speed cameras and red light cameras at every fuken intersection AND $100 parking fines.

Are people fkn made of money or something?

These news laws are purely and utterly fucked, made due to a knee jerk reaction prior to an election. Why? Read below and see why these laws are fucked.

P platers have to get experience somewhere, and due to lack of driving hours, they are not competent enough hence the high death rates. But why target drivers?

Many accidents occur in the workplace with new employees because they are not experienced enough. Same goes with sporting players who come back from injury too early.

Now, this is where it gets scary, these laws will LEAD TO MORE DEATHS!!!!!

If a group of 18-21 yr olds intend to go out, or go to the beach, they would take one car. Now if a group of 4 will be forced to take 2 cars. That means more P platers on the road, and statistically, that means more deaths. Not only that, what generally happens when 2 or more cars of P platers drive?

1) they drag each other
2) look at the other car doing malakies, taking their eyes of the road, and peer pressure will lead them to copy there mates.

As more and more P platers loose there license, they will drive around without a license, we all do it, and so will they, may at the age of 18 do not think of the consequences of driving around unlicensed.

So, in effect, we will have more P platers on the road, as well as many unlicenced drivers. If your unlucky enough to have an accident with an unlicensed driver, you are fucked as their insurance does not cover them, and the only way to extract money to pay for repairs is to have a civil action taken against them. You will be lucky to have a decision go your way where he/she pays $20 or more per week to pay for repairs. I know because this happened to me.

The best solution as many know is to drive around without your P plates showing.Yyou will not attract the police's attention on how many passengers are in the car. We all know that the police look out for P platers to see if they have broken the law. With this in mind, we also have P platers driving around with no plates.

So a quick recap what will happen in reality with these new laws.

1) more P platers on the road.
2) more unlicensed P platers on the road.
3) more P laters not displaying their P plates.

And if the Government thinks these news will lead to fewer road deaths, they are kidding themselves.

Also, do you think the police havent got enough to do and add another duty to look into cars to see how many passengers they are carrying?

--------------------

+Quote Post
greekprince
post Jan 11 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #29

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 27

The laws are fucked.

P Platers will be paranoid about driving and making a mistake that they will crash from nerves.

And JJ is right, more cars means more deaths!

In India they can fit people on the roofs of cars, in Australia u can't even have passangers

To hell with the new laws

--------------------

+Quote Post
nate
post Jan 11 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #30

Super Moderator

Member No.: 156

populist politics make me sick. I live in SA and our 'leader' Mark Rann is a populist whore who just does what the majority of people want, which is the worst form of leadership ever.

The majority of people have no clue what they want and are idiots and should be ignored anyway.

This is a result of mother/parent lobbyist groups saying they want these changes. There are no studies or anything to suggest this will make a difference in safety, but it's designed to keep the masses of idiots happy to avert conflict.

We need a Government who stand up to lobby groups, unions etc. and tell them why they are idiots and leave the running of the country to people who know what they're on about, not someone who loves their son very much and wants them to not drive until later in life.
Emotive decisions are usually wrong decisions and this is just another emotive based decisions.

The trick to road safety is; better roads... and nothing else.
We have so many fixed speed cameras in the CBD... but the thing is, nobody has ever died in our CBD, they just want to raise money.
However, the road from Adelaide to Melbourne is a highway that is one lane in each direction with no medium strip. Trucks use it, families use it, and the lanes are narrow, their are trees and things on the side of the road.
If you want to reduce the death rate, widen the road, put in a medium strip and tear up the big trees and put rails or run-off areas. That is IF you want to save lives and not raise revenue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Jan 11 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #31

Guests

Changing the laws will do fuck all except make things worse. You tell people not to do something and that's exactly what they'll do because they've been told not to. Think about it, most P plate accidents have been caused my people thinking they're top shit, as if these people will listen to the new laws, siga re. The other accidents happen because of inexperience.

Driving should be part of the school curriculum, students should spend a term learning about the theory of driving, road signs, speed limits, whether conditions, how a car works what to do when your car breaks down, what should you check before a long car trip stuff like that. Then for the remainder of the year they should learn how to drive, all this should be done pre L's. Then when kids go for their L's they will already have a year's worth of experience and the L's will be a way to hone in on those reverse parking skills and whatever.

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 11 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #32

Proud Greek

heres the latest.

Strike one and you're out

YOUNG drivers caught speeding will automatically lose their licence under new State Government laws that could take almost 20,000 P-platers off the roads.

First-year P-platers will also be forced to display their plates on the outside of their vehicles after police complained many were being placed on dashboards and could not be clearly seen.

Licence tests will be toughened – including a requirement for driving in hazardous conditions – and novice drivers will be able to carry no more than one young passenger late at night, as revealed by The Daily Telegraph yesterday.

The new laws, unveiled by Roads Minister Eric Roozendaal, represent one of the biggest overhauls for young drivers in the state's history.

They follow recommendations by the Government's Young Driver Advisory Panel, established in response to a campaign by The Daily Telegraph for new P-plate laws. While last year's overall road toll was the lowest since World War II, P-plate deaths in NSW leapt 30 per cent to 94.

Under the new rules, to come into effect in July, a first-year – red P-plate – driver caught speeding will automatically lose his or her licence for at least three months, although the normal legal appeal process will remain.

Based on the number of first-year drivers booked for speeding in 2005/06, the move could take more than 18,000 drivers off the road – 10 per cent of all novice drivers.

All first-year drivers will be banned from carrying more than one passenger under the age of 21 between 11pm and 5am.

The Government will also put a renewed focus on driver training. The new P-plate test will be extended from 30 minutes to 45 minutes and include more than 30 minutes of driving time instead of the existing 18.

And instead of being taken on quiet local roads, learners will be required to drive on more demanding and busy main roads before they get their licence.

There will also be an increased focus on safety and hazard perception instead of simply the more technical aspects of driving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 11 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #33

Proud Greek

P1 Driving Restrictions

All new laws go in force 1st July 2007

Current Laws

Must have completed 50 hours of supervised driving
Must have L plates for at least 6 months
Must have completed 30 min test including 18 minutes driving time on quite local roads with a focus on technical skills
Must display p plates at either end of the car but can place them inside the front windscreen or windows
Can carry as many passengers as the car is permitted to accomodate
Can not accumilate 3 or more demerit points before having their licence suspended
Can drive while using a hands free mobile phone

New Laws

Must have complted 120 hours supervised driving including 20 hours night driving
Must have L plates for 12 months
Must complete 45 minute test including more than 30 mins driving on busier roads while focusing on saftely and hazzard
Must display P plates on the outside of the car not inside windows or windscreens
Can carry only only one passenger under 21 years of age between 11pm to 5am but limited excemptions apply
Will lose licence automatically if they are caught speeding
Cannot use a mobile phone in any way while driving

Exemptions

P1 driver exemptions apply if drivers are
- over 25 years
- drivers carrying family members
- drivers need to carry passengers for work or community activities
- its a emergency situation

For P2 drivers no changes apply except that they too must display a P plate on the outside of their cars.

Good Luck with it all guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 19 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #34

Proud Greek

Police are now targeting P Plate speeding.

Last year 94 people were killed in P plate crashes. The RTA’s new road safety campaign promotes that Police are now targeting P-plate speeding.

P plate speeding advertising campaign
P plate drivers are over-represented in speed related fatal casualty crashes.

Speeding is a contributing factor in 40 per cent of fatal crashes involving P-plate drivers.

The number of people killed in crashes involving a P-plate driver increased last year, from 73 in 2005 to 94 in 2006.

More than 80 per cent of speeding casualty crashes involving P-plate drivers occur in urban areas including 60 per cent in Sydney region.

Of all speeding drivers involved in fatal crashes between 2001 and 2005:

20 per cent were 17-20 years of age.
16 per cent were 21-25 years of age.
Watch the 'P plate booked' advertisement

Click on the image (left) to watch the 'P plate booked' advertisement. (duration: 15 seconds, file size: 350kb).

Note: To view the video you will need Flash 8 or above. Click here download the latest Adobe Flash player.

Watch the 'P plate crash' advertisement

Click on the image (left) to watch the 'P plate crash' advertisement. (duration: 15 seconds, file size: 320kb).

Note: To view the video you will need Flash 8 or above. Click here download the latest Adobe Flash player.

Campaign aims
The campaign aims to increase awareness of the Police enforcement operation targeting speeding young drivers.

The campaign comprises two fifteen second television commercials advertising on bus backs and outdoor billboards.

The first commercial shows a police officer booking a P plate driver for speeding. The second shows the same police officer attending a fatal crash involving a P plate driver.

The overall objective of the Police operation and the campaign is to contribute to a reduction in the road toll

--------------------

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jan 19 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #35

Proud Greek

Zero tolerance for speeding P plate drivers

New driving test and provisional driver restrictions

First-year P plate drivers caught speeding will lose their driver’s licence for at least three months under zero tolerance P plate reforms announced today by Roads Minister Eric Roozendaal.

NSW State Plan Priority S7: Safer roads

A peer restriction scheme for all first-year red P plate – or P1 – drivers will be introduced from July this year and P1 drivers will be banned from all mobile phone use while behind the wheel.

A confronting P plate TV advertising campaign will also begin screening across NSW from tonight to reinforce Operation Novus, a NSW Police enforcement campaign targeting P plate drivers after 94 people were killed in P plate crashes in NSW last year. The ad has two endings: one where a police officer stops a speeding driver, the other where he is confronted at a fatal crash scene where a speeding P plate driver killed his best friend.

A tougher driving test for Learner drivers getting their P plates will be introduced later this year, focusing on hazard perception and driver reactions.

“A driver’s licence is a privilege for young drivers and something they hold precious. Abusing this privilege can have tragic consequences,” Mr Roozendaal said.

“P1 drivers caught speeding face a driver’s licence suspension of at least three months.

“Speeding is the biggest killer on NSW roads, and is a factor in 40 per cent of fatalities. There is no excuse for speeding.”

The NSW Government will introduce a series of major P plate reforms in the wake of options presented yesterday by the Young Driver Advisory Panel. They will apply to all P1 licence holders from July.

Peer restrictions with sensible exemptions
P1 drivers will only be able to carry one passenger under the age of 21 between 11pm and 5am.

Exemptions will apply for P1 drivers with work commitments; those who need to carry family members; those engaged in community work like the Rural Fire Service; older P1 drivers aged 25 years and over; and in emergency situations.

The peer restrictions will be introduced at the same time as a similar scheme is introduced in Queensland and allows consistency between the two states.

“Although P1 drivers make up only 3.5 per cent of licence holders, they account for around 13 per cent of fatal crashes which happen in the early hours of the morning,” Mr Roozendaal said.

“And around a third of these P1 drivers had more than one passenger in the car.

“This is a tough decision but we cannot ignore the evidence.

“We need to instil good habits and attitudes in our young drivers in the first weeks and months of their driving lives.

“This is a sensible and effective way of removing major distractions for young drivers, especially at night.

“We are getting on with the job of improving young driver safety.”

Zero tolerance for all speeding offences
Any P1 driver caught speeding will automatically lose their driver’s licence for at least three months.

“More than 18,000 P1 drivers were caught speeding during the 2005-06 financial year – that means one in ten drivers caught speeding in their first year,” Mr Roozendaal said.

“That is an unacceptable figure which this package clearly addresses – the warning to young drivers is slow down or you will lose your licence.”

Tougher licence testing for young drivers
A new Driving Test has been developed by the RTA to prepare new drivers for a more demanding driving environment.

“Learner drivers will sit a longer and more vigorous test with almost twice as much time on the road,” Mr Roozendaal said.

“The new test focuses on hazard perception and how novice drivers respond to these hazards. It has been developed by the RTA to prepare new drivers for a more demanding driving environment and ensure they have the basic skills for a lifetime of safe driving on our roads.

“This is a new direction for driver testing in Australia with new drivers facing a tougher, more safety-focused test in a more demanding traffic environment.”

RTA testing officers at 18 registries have been trained in the new test and have been recently assessing novice drivers in the trial against the criteria for both the new and existing tests.

Under further initiatives:
All mobile phone use will be banned for P1 drivers from July. This includes handsfree kits, Bluetooth accessories and the loudspeaker function and is in line with laws to be introduced to Victoria and Queensland. Recent research funded by the NSW Motor Accident Authority shows a 400 per cent increase in crash risk for young drivers when using a mobile phone, regardless if it is hand-held or hands-free.
A new and confronting TV advertising campaign will air from tonight targeting P plate drivers, working in conjunction with NSW Police’s Operation Novus.
P plates will have to be displayed on the exterior of cars from July after police reports that too many young drivers have been caught hiding their P plates in obscure positions on dashboards.
The RTA will this year release two new resources to support all NSW high schools teach driver education. ‘In the Driver’s Seat’ is a road safety education resource which helps Year 11 and 12 students familiarise themselves with issues of driving safely, consider the nature of authority and freedom in a civil society and develop a sense of responsibility towards self-regulation. ‘Low Risk Driving’ is aimed at Years 10 and 11 and provides information and strategies on the key principles of safe driving.
Road safety issues addressed include country road safety, drink driving prevention, driver fatigue, drugs and driving, occupant protection, pedestrian safety, speeding, young drivers and motorcycle safety.
The NSW Government spends $2.8 million on driver education programs in NSW schools.

The NSW Government is also funding the expansion of an innovative young driver education program targeting teenagers before they start driving.

As announced last year, the $130,000 RTA grant will allow the Rotary organisation to expand its Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) program to 20,000 more students across NSW over the next two years.

The behavioural education program uses road crash victims, police as well as drug and alcohol educators and finance experts and targets Year 11 students in a setting away from a school setting.

Changes already announced to young driver laws will also come into force from July and will see all young drivers in NSW spend a minimum of four years on the graduated licensing system.

The earlier reforms were:
Increase the mandatory period of supervised driving for Learner drivers from 50 to 120 hours.
The 120 hours includes a requirement of 20 hours of night supervised on-road driving for Learner drivers. This is another Australian first.
All Learner drivers will have to have their L plates for a minimum of one year before they can apply for a P plate licence. This is a 100 per cent increase on the current six month minimum while the validity of the Learner’s licence will also be extended from three to five years.
Mr Roozendaal thanked the Young Driver Advisory Panel for its timely work over the summer holiday period.

“The panel was established with a range of different representatives so that it could canvas the wide variety of options for improving young driver safety, and it was inevitable there would be no unanimous set of recommendations,” Mr Roozendaal said.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Louky
post Feb 6 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #36

Proud Greek

Dont these guys ever learn???

A plater whose licence was suspended died after speeding 152kms in a 90 zone collided into 2 trees which as a result from the impact the car engine was thrown out 30 meters from the point of impact. The driver was on P1 licence.

Also most recently a P plate driver was found to have 6 passengers (legal limit is 5) and 2 more in the boot of the car.

Under these new laws any P plater caught speeding will automatically lose their licence despite how fast they were over the limit.

on the bright side, authorities are working towards introducing a 'reward scheme' for P platers, well red P platers anyway in responce to new laws being introduced from July 2007. Good behaved P platers will receive a free defence driving course.

According to very recent stats P plate drivers are 14 times higher at risk than any other group of licence holders.

Although, red p platers will be banned from carrying more than 1 person under 21 from 11pm to 5am and prohibited from using hands free mobile phones under these new laws.

nice rewards your getting...

--------------------

+Quote Post
glykoula
post Feb 7 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #37

Professional Poster

Member No.: 9

QUOTE(HBK @ Jan 11 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]73245[/snapback]

Relax kai si, your test would have been all straight roads with the odd turn kai no traffic lights.

I'm sure it would of been a walk in a park tongue.gif

oi bushia, ti petagese etsi? did it ever occur to you that yes i do live in the sticks, so no there wouldn't be an rta out here? and i had to travel to a much busier place to get my license, WITH strofes, WITH fota, ta panta thankyou very much...bushia!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
vasilis16
post Mar 1 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #38

Professional Poster

Member No.: 716

i think they shud stop worryin about p platers n worry bout themselves u cant just label us p platers to casuing accidents say 1 of u full licenced people hits us we get the blame its bullshit, i saw this old guy bak slowly into this other car the other car was beepin n beepin n the old guy cudnt hear , if p platers r in acidents its the end of the world but if 1 of the full licenced people is drunk and in an acident they dnt care as much come on its not fair

+Quote Post
Louky
post Jun 1 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #39

Proud Greek

New conditions for L and P drivers and riders
From 1 July 2007 there will be new licence conditions for learner and provisional drivers and riders. New demerit points, fines and licence suspensions may apply.

A summary of the new licence conditions for L and P drivers and riders

Young drivers represent 13 per cent of licensed drivers yet they are involved in 26 per cent of all fatal crashes. To reduce the death and injury of young people on our roads the NSW Government has introduced a range of new initiatives. These will come into effect from 1 July 2007.

Changes include:
Licence suspension for any speeding offence for P1 drivers and provisional riders.
As a P1 driver or provisional rider you will receive a minimum of four demerit points and have your licence suspended for at least three months if you speed on or after 1 July 2007. A fine is also payable.
A ban on all mobile phone use for learner, P1 drivers and provisional riders.
You must not use any function of a mobile phone while driving or riding. This includes phones in the hands-free mode or with the loudspeaker operating, or sending SMS (text) messages. The penalty for mobile phone use is three demerit points and a fine (or four demerit points if the offence occurs in an operating school zone).

Peer passenger restrictions for P1 drivers.
If you are under the age of 25 you must not drive between the hours of 11pm and 5am with more than one passenger under the age of 21. The penalty is three demerit points and a fine.

The RTA can grant an exemption from peer passenger restrictions if exceptional circumstances are demonstrated. Further information on how to apply for a passenger restriction exemption is available on the Application for Exemption: Peer-Passenger, One-Passenger or Prohibited Vehicle Condition (available to download from the box at the bottom of this page).
Changes to the display of L and P plates on vehicles.

L or P plates may no longer be displayed from inside your vehicle. All learner and provisional drivers must clearly display their L and P plates on the front and back of the outside of the vehicle. The letters L and P on the plate must not be hidden. The penalty for incorrectly displayed plates is two demerit points and a fine.
Increased licence term and supervised driving hours for learner drivers.
Learner drivers getting their licence on or after 1 July 2007 will need to hold their learner licence for a minimum of 12 months and complete at least 120 hours of supervised driving (including 20 hours of night driving) before they can apply for their P1 licence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kathisterimeni
post Jun 1 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #40

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 283

Peer passenger restrictions for P1 drivers.
If you are under the age of 25 you must not drive between the hours of 11pm and 5am with more than one passenger under the age of 21. The penalty is three demerit points and a fine.

WTF, whats the point of getting your lisence if you can only have one person in the car. So much for the idea of having a night out with your mates.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Don't reach for the stars..... You'll just look like an idiot stretching for no reason

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 01:26 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia