IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyprus Reunification?
Cyprus Reunification- For or Against?
Cyprus Reunification- For or Against?
Support the latest plan for reunification [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Against the latest plan for reunification [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
Χριστάρας
post Mar 23 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,562

( The leaders of divided Cyprus are to talk peace once more. The Turkish and Greek Cypriot leaders are meeting to try to bridge the differences which threaten Turkey's bid to join the European Union. Demetris Christofias took over as Greek Cypriot President from Tassos Papadopoulous. Papadopoulos made little progress on the issue. Christofias is refusing to contemplate failure.

He and Turkish Cypriot leader Mehmet Ali Talat are meeting in a neutral UN location for exploratory talks on possible power sharing.

Diplomats say the gap between the two sides is "not so big" and "agreement is possible".
The island has been divided since the Turkish invasion in 1974. The Greek Cypriots represent Cyprus in the EU and have a veto over Turkey joining.

In 2004 Greek Cypriots rejected a reunification deal which Turkish Cypriots had accepted, partly because it would not have allowed those in the south to take back homes seized in the north.

The so-called "Annan deal" put forward two years later was rejected ) -Euronews

As Greeks we are all connected to the issues of fellow Hellenes. Cyprus was illegally divided by the Turks in 1974 and nothing has been done to stop them. No matter how much the foreign powers may talk about being freedom and democracy lovers they do not help. Greece included...which as a Greek particularly pisses me off as the Greek government of the xounta was partially to blame for this injustice. Id like to hear the views of the gp Kypreoi on this one especially.......

I personally am against all attempts at reunification if Turks will be allowed to govern this Hellenic island. They have tyranically and illegally ruled it for too long and i believe the only solution should be ....well in the words of Marcos Baghdatis "E3W OI TOYRKOI APO THN KYPRO!!!!"

Your thoughts:

ohhh...and PS. dont 4get 2 vote in the poll

This post has been edited by Χριστάρας: Mar 23 2008, 08:46 PM

--------------------
<<Η Ζωή Είναι Μικρή. Ζήσε την Όσο Ζεις. Και Έτσι, Κάν'Την Μεγάλη!>>
-Η Φιλοσοφία Του Μέγα Χριστάρα
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Mar 23 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

that everyone is so full of shit.
until the day cyprus is reunited with the turkish cyps as they should be
i will remain a sceptic.

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Mar 24 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #3

>>GP Kyprea

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 95

christofias is an idiot. damn communist.

reunifiction is good, but will never work under the current circumstances. it onced worked for us, and things were fine between the greek cyps and turk cyps, but i am against it at the moment.

+Quote Post
niko
post Mar 24 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 40

In the interests of people who want everything to fit nicely and look cute and sweet then unification is the way to go (re-unification is an oxymoron if you use it for a situation where one of the sides was just made up 35 years ago). I think it's fine for Greek-Cyps the way it is, I think the only bitter point left is the handing back over of land which should definitely be done. Northern Cyprus is a big small ghetto, let them rot like that instead of a repeat of the East/West Germany unification where to the current day, East Berlin is still lower in every positive socio-economic factor

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
Russel
post Jun 1 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Professional Poster

Member No.: 423

i have a few ideas on this.

reunification is in many ways an attempt by the greeks and greek cypriots to say to the turks..fuck you...you may have invaded...but you didnt win...you didnt gain by an invasion...

this is an important principle,because it stops others from trying the same...basically turkey has paid a high price for that invasion...now the turk nationalists dont see it this way,but as you walk through turkey and see the poverty,you realise the price they have paid.

basically in some ways like greece, was,the turkish govt is corrupt and incompetent..only laws forcing them to get their house in order,can they possibly get out of the mess.these laws from the european union could allow them to enjoy some positive economic growth..remember we are entering into the age of climate change laws..carbon counting and all that shit...coutnries like turkey are fucked under such a system..

eventually some form of reunification will occur,which will not be anything than what existed before the invasion,possibly with some more priveledges here or there for the turks..

but where the greek cypriots have gained,is they are better off,and they have assisted greece in keeping turkey out of europe for so long..

if it wasnt for cyprus,tueky would have been in europe 5 years ago...
cyprus division has worked and works in our favor..it allows us to keep turkey out,and to make sure they are basically impoverished by the time they come in...

one more thing..as the islam extremists gain a foothold in turkey,even america one day will completely write them off..basically the way Israel has...already.

once military funding from the US is cut off,they end up in real danger in falling apart..believe me the days of turkey being a strong country in the region are coming to an end...

eventually the kurds will replace them as Americas lap dog..

+Quote Post
Gundapi
post Jul 26 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #6

Atzamis

Member No.: 4,615

QUOTE (Russel @ Jun 1 2008, 07:57 PM) *

once military funding from the US is cut off,they end up in real danger in falling apart..believe me the days of turkey being a strong country in the region are coming to an end...

eventually the kurds will replace them as Americas lap dog..

I think you should check your facts, Turkey now has the largest military force in Nato behind the US, they aslo just purchased 6 Subs from the Germans with a deal of only 15% down and the rest financed. If this goes ahead which it will, Turkey can strike Greece in any position on the sea and hit any major town with over 100,000 population. Sto Kolo...

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article...?enewsid=110522
As for the Kurds they dont have too much to worry about they now live ok now that Turkey are in the EU and they are muslim , una facia una rarcia...oops wrong culture.
If Greece was really serious about Cyprus they would have their full army in Cyprus ready to help their brothers instead of going on about the Cypriot Pound strength and England. Quite frankly Cyprus doesnt need Greece anymore apart from the language they have been bent over and Sto Koloed , they would be better off doing a deal with the Poms and getting on with their life.

+Quote Post
Serbian
post Sep 2 2008, 06:16 AM
Post #7

Atzamis

Member No.: 4,668

Now, i don't want to claim the right to preach on this, but:

1) What does "reunification" mean if Turks are illegally holding 37% of the islands teritory?
2) I myself would rather NOT make union with the devil... See what happened to us: a peacefull, fertile, ore rich ground was practicaly surrendered to filth of the Earth just because we were soft on the issue of ... well, invasion...
3) The Turks wanted violently to take over. Isn't this the same thing, only a slicker way?

Orthodox for good!

+Quote Post
makedonski
post Sep 3 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #8

Atzamis

Member No.: 2,816

QUOTE (Gundapi @ Jul 26 2008, 10:30 AM) *
I think you should check your facts, Turkey now has the largest military force in Nato behind the US, they aslo just purchased 6 Subs from the Germans with a deal of only 15% down and the rest financed. If this goes ahead which it will, Turkey can strike Greece in any position on the sea and hit any major town with over 100,000 population. Sto Kolo...

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article...?enewsid=110522
As for the Kurds they dont have too much to worry about they now live ok now that Turkey are in the EU and they are muslim , una facia una rarcia...oops wrong culture.
If Greece was really serious about Cyprus they would have their full army in Cyprus ready to help their brothers instead of going on about the Cypriot Pound strength and England. Quite frankly Cyprus doesnt need Greece anymore apart from the language they have been bent over and Sto Koloed , they would be better off doing a deal with the Poms and getting on with their life.

Are the subs in the Doner Kebab class?

I didn't even know Turks knew how to navigate...........you learn something knew every day.

Don't worry about how strong your armed forces are Gundaboonga..................our strong global diaspora would take care of you elsewhere.

Your ilk, along with the Albanians, are the scourge of Europe and the most disliked...............

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 04:43 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia