IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harry Potter
niko
post Oct 30 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

How is it off topic to comment on the topic?

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Oct 30 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #22

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

Here's a tip to all the non Harry Potter fans on here who seem to want to comment on how much they don't like it. Leave us Harry Potter fans alone to post on here without judgment and butt the fuck out of the topic if you don't care. DONT FUCKEN READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

I'm sick of everyone wanting to put their 2 cents worth in about the topic when they don't like it cos people think they care about what they think, when they don't. Especially a topic that isnt made for people who don't like it to discuss in it. Can't u people just leave a topic alone without putting the people who post in it down because of their interests, stop being bullies u losers.

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
niko
post Oct 30 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #23

I didn't know that discussion meant that you can only say positive things about the book. I'll give you my opinion whether you like it or not, it's not up to you to tell people which topics to stay out of and which to comment on and just because you don't like what you read doesn't mean that it's not allowed to be posted. I have to put up with opinions that aren't mine and so do you now get back on topic everyone, this discussion is over

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Oct 30 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #24

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

My opinion on the novel:

it is crap, i can't stand it and i couldn't get passed the 1st page! i even tried skipping a chapter to see if it was any good (since that was the dribble that a lot of people said) BUT to my amazement it remained shit.

i guess it takes a lot more to keep me entertained... i've never been a fan of the fanciful magical stuff so i guess that could play a role as to why i hated the book so much.

well done to those of u who actually enjoy it and those of you who gave it a chance though...

+Quote Post
Puppy
post Oct 30 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #25

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Pat__ @ Oct 30 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]63709[/snapback]

My opinion on the novel:

it is crap, i can't stand it and i couldn't get passed the 1st page! i even tried skipping a chapter to see if it was any good (since that was the dribble that a lot of people said) BUT to my amazement it remained shit.

i guess it takes a lot more to keep me entertained... i've never been a fan of the fanciful magical stuff so i guess that could play a role as to why i hated the book so much.

well done to those of u who actually enjoy it and those of you who gave it a chance though...

lolol I only read the first page of the first book aswel, thats all. havent tried any of the other books though - my sister has read them all like 20 times lol... after the first bit it just bored me so i just put it down

The only reason I started to read it was because we had two copies of the book ahaha and my sis was reading it and i wanted to read it aswel. What yr did the first one come out ? It was probably because my age that I couldn't be bothered reading any more of it after the first page lol..

This post has been edited by Puppy: Oct 30 2006, 10:55 PM

--------------------
..::|[Love me, or hate me... It's still an obsession]|::..

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Oct 31 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE(Russel @ Oct 30 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]63634[/snapback]

SATAN never dies.

He merely presents himself in a different form.

You have a pre-occupation with Satan don't you? Harry Potter is not the work of the devil...

QUOTE(Pat__ @ Oct 30 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]63709[/snapback]

My opinion on the novel:

The first few chapters aren't that great, I had to force myself to get through them, but the books do get better from there.

QUOTE(niko @ Oct 30 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]63707[/snapback]

I didn't know that discussion meant that you can only say positive things about the book. I'll give you my opinion whether you like it or not, it's not up to you to tell people which topics to stay out of and which to comment on and just because you don't like what you read doesn't mean that it's not allowed to be posted. I have to put up with opinions that aren't mine and so do you now get back on topic everyone, this discussion is over

I never said "oh let's discuss whether you like harry potter or not" I wanted to know which characters people thought were ging to die. You also don't get to call when the discussion is over.

Get over yourself

This post has been edited by niko: Oct 31 2006, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
niko
post Oct 31 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #27

OK firstly, try to use one post where you would no rmally use 3. Secondly, if the discussion is getting that off-topic a mod or I will close it and this means that the discussion is over. Thirdly, the topic is Harry Potter so if the post is related to Harry Potter I don't see how it's off topic. Finally, I will never get over myself

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Oct 31 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #28

>>GP Kyprea

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 95

QUOTE(Puppy @ Oct 30 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]63711[/snapback]

lolol I only read the first page of the first book aswel, thats all. havent tried any of the other books though - my sister has read them all like 20 times lol... after the first bit it just bored me so i just put it down

ohmy.gif she really is a nerd isnt she!

Well, i tried reading one of them and couldnt get past the first page, i tried watching the movies and ended up sleeping. However, in Grade 6, the teacher read the books to us, so i just sat and listened to the story line, thats the only time i enjoyed it (who doesnt enjoy 2 hours of free time to do whatever they like, so long as they listen to the story - haha those were the days)

i dont really care who dies..i think its gone a bit to far, it gets boring after 5 books in the one sequel.

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Oct 31 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #29

Professional Poster

Has anyone else got those little books that JK Rowling wrote for the charity Comic Relief? They're called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages.
They're so cute and the beast book has notes that Harry and Ron supposedly wrote in the first year of their schooling at Hogwarts.
If i can find pics of these books i'll put them up.

OK i found them quicker than i thought.
Here they are.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Don't mind the German writing. Couldn't be bothered looking for the English title. LoL

This post has been edited by Kat_La: Oct 31 2006, 11:24 PM

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
glykoula
post Nov 1 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #30

Professional Poster

Member No.: 9

I've read the first three books, i enjoyed them i don't care what people say, i was in my first years of high school when i was reading them and then i was a very big fan, now i've settled down a little but still don't deny that i do enjoy the books

what people have mentioned about the first few chapters is true, they are difficult to get through, i know i've started reading the fourth book three times and i still havn't finished it, eventually i did something i didn't want to do, i went and saw the movie before i finished reading the book

a hp book always leaves you satisfied and has you hooked towards the end, but yes the first few chapters usually very difficult to get through, they get better as they come out so i am going to read the rest of them when i find the time

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Nov 2 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #31

Guests

I don't really like the movies that much, I think the first one was pretty good but then they got steadily worse.

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Nov 2 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #32

Professional Poster

My fav Harry Potter book is still up to now Prisoner of Azkaban with Goblet of Fire coming up behind it.
I do like the movies too but would prefer to read the books.
Well i have read them all a few times. Plus i have them in all in Greek too.
And i got into them when i was in year 10, i wasn't so young then and im not ashamed to say that.

Oh and here's the address for a good website that posts the most recent Harry Potter news. I go there for my updates every now and then.

The Leaky Cauldron

Check is out, it has a countdown for when the next movie is coming out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_HBK_*
post Nov 2 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #33

Guests

I used to be hooked when I was like 12 when they first came out.

Alla twra, I have matured past Harry Potter and J.K Rowling and authors such as James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Tom Clancy and John Grisham appeal to me more.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Nov 18 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE(HBK @ Nov 2 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]64355[/snapback]

I used to be hooked when I was like 12 when they first came out.

Alla twra, I have matured past Harry Potter and J.K Rowling and authors such as James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Tom Clancy and John Grisham appeal to me more.

aw come on HBK where's your inner child!

Btw is there anyone who thinks that R.A.B could be someone other than regulus black??

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Nov 19 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #35

Professional Poster

QUOTE(Mini_Twilight @ Nov 18 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]67094[/snapback]

Btw is there anyone who thinks that R.A.B could be someone other than regulus black??

I can't think of anyone else that has those initials but sometimes i think that maybe JK Rowling wouldn't make it so obvious. Sometimes she does and just wants to mess with us. Various_Artists-shifty.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
niko
post Nov 19 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #36

Yeah, that evil whore. All she wants to do is mess with you. Anyone in this thread over the age of 4 should be ashamed at reading this mindless crap. God it angers me

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Nov 19 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #37

Professional Poster

Niko, really just shut up. If you don't like it don't read the comments that r said in here. No one is making u read them.

Oh btw Niko, u r right about one thing, she does want to mess with us but shes not a whore wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
niko
post Nov 19 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #38

She is a whore and i'll read and comment on whatever I like, I cannot hack that people who read this book breathe the same air as me. I can't accept that JK Rowling can sell so many childrens books to "adults". I can't believe that people above the age of 10 read this book or The da Vinci Code. Literature is in a state of disrepair and this book is pretty much the degredation of society incarnate

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Nov 19 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #39

Professional Poster

ummmm get over it.

Long Live the Boy Who Lived!!!!

Down to You Know Who!!!

blum.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_HBK_*
post Nov 19 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #40

Guests

QUOTE(Mini_Twilight @ Nov 18 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]67094[/snapback]

aw come on HBK where's your inner child!

It's called 'maturity' smile.gif

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 08:53 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia