IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nick Carle Sydney Olympic Champ & Star Joining Bristol City, Bristol City could be promoted into the E.P.L. next season !
diaggello
post Jan 1 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield
Member No.: 222

Excellent news for our former junior who has gone on to become a legendary figure ....

Having watched Nick play for Sydney Olympic many times (as well as Newcastle Jets and the Socceroos) from the bottom of my heart i wish Nick all the best with his football career in England ...

Show 'em Nick you legendary Olympic Champ ....

If there is one player in Oz that has always been underestimated it has always been Nick for me !!

What about you ? What do you think of Nick and what do you expect from him ?

Article just came in SMH.com.au

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/carle-...ge#contentSwap1

Bristol City next port of call for Carle

James Gardiner

January 1, 2008

Bristol bound . . . Socceroos midfielder Nick Carle.
Photo: Justin Mcmanus

SOCCEROOS midfielder Nick Carle is poised for a $1.3 million transfer to promotion-chasing English Championship club Bristol City that could have him in the Premier League next season. Carle, now with struggling Turkish club Genclerbirligi, told the Herald last night he was waiting on a working visa for the deal to be completed.

Carle would not disclose the identity of the club until the deal had been finalised, but sources confirmed it was Bristol City, who are third in England's second-tier competition. The approach for Carle came after his eye-catching performance for the Socceroos in the 1-0 win over Nigeria in London on November 17.

"The clubs have agreed on a transfer fee and want the deal done as soon as possible," Carle said. "I applied for a working visa on December 27. If all goes to plan, I could be in England in 10 days."

The deal includes a €300,000 ($500,000) bonus for Genclerbirligi if Bristol City gain promotion.

Carle, 26, the former Newcastle Jets playmaker and reigning A-League player of the year, joined Genclerbirligi this season. But he and his young family, wife Melissa and 15-month-old son Jordan, have struggled to adapt to the lifestyle in the Turkish capital, Ankara.

Genclerbirligi have their own training facility, which includes a motel for the players, and the squad is often in camp and separated from their families for several days at a time.

"The club and the people have been great, but they have a different mentality to football over here," he said. "It has been really tough on the family, being away so much, particularly my little boy. I approached the club after the Nigeria match and told them I was not happy, and if something came up in the Christmas break, I'd like to go."

Genclerbirligi finished fourth in the league last season but are in 16th place and fighting relegation. The Jets will receive a small percentage of Carle's transfer fee if the move is completed.

Carle is one of eight players Genclerbirligi is looking to offload in the January transfer window, but Carle refuted Turkish reports he had fallen out with manager B*adiulent Korkmaz, the club's fourth manager this campaign. "I have a good relationship with the coach, and he appreciated that I was honest with him," Carle said.

A regular in the starting team for Genclerbirligi in the opening 13 rounds, Carle has made only two appearances off the bench since the Socceroos match. "It has been hectic five weeks trying to arrange the move to England," he said. "We have ticked all the boxes in terms of the visa requirements."

Carle said he had contemplated a return to the A-League, but realistically it was not a serious option. "I loved my time in Newcastle, but I came to Europe for a reason," he said. "I want to stick it out here and do the best I can."

Carle quit the Jets for Turkey to improve his chances of Socceroos selection and believes the move to England will be a further boost. "The best thing I can do is get myself back playing regularly," he said.

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 1 2008, 03:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 1 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Greekplanet Star

From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield

Hi Olympic Fans ...

If any of you have pics of Nicky Carle in the Sydney Olympic jersey can you please upload it here ...

This guy is another one of our legends (like Brett Emerton) that we adore !!

Olympic Olympic Ooooolllllyyyyymmmmppppiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccc !!!

+Quote Post
niko
post Jan 1 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 40

Shouldn't you be like, "fuk da a-league cunny funt, fkn traita, how dare he leeve olympic 4 sum gay cunny funt a league team"?

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Jan 1 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #4

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

only for the word c##t.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Otis
post Jan 1 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #5

Professional Poster

Member No.: 168

but nick carle is a cunny funt, and you're denying us of making everybody aware of this fact (by swear filtering!) dammit

--------------------
I'll come to you like an affliction, and I'll leave you like an addiction!

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 2 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Greekplanet Star

When Sydney Olympic SFC were losing so badly last season it was Nick Carle from Newcastle Jets that was came down to Sydney to save the club from bottom place embarrassment !!

Nicky Carle absolutely killed 'em on the field running circles around defenders and setting up goals for our strikers ...

It was Nicky Carle that brought back some dignity to the Club and made it worthwhile going to watch SydneyOlympic after such a horrid beginning to the season !!

Nicky Carle was one of our juniors that came up the ranks to play in the seniors and we loved watching every minute of him !!

Remember Nicky Carle didn't have to play a few games for SydneyOlympic last season rather HE CHOSE TO !!

We are deeply grateful to the NewcastleJets senior board members that let Nicky come and play for us a few games last season when we were so desperate !!

What would you know Niko From: Melbourne, Australia !! ... You been going to watch our games here in Sydney regularly ??

You criticise Nicky Carle for not remaining with the club yet you have very little understanding of the difference in wages between the NSWPL and the A League !! ...
How can one playing State League not take the opportunity to move upto the new A League and then to International Teams (as he did) !!

Nicky Carle is also talking about being a regular Socceroos player - WHICH HE DESERVES TO BE !! ...
Do you really think Nicky Carle can jump right up to playing for the Socceroos whilst playing regularly for a State Team ?? .... ABSOLUTELY NO WAY KNOWN !!

You criticise yet i choose to praise and wish Nicky Carle the very best in his soccer career !!

clapping.gif ... badgoalie.gif ... first.gif ... football.gif ... th_banned.gif ... boxing.gif ... warning.gif .... character0029.gif

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 2 2008, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post
Otis
post Jan 2 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #7

Professional Poster

I must say, he is very pretty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sennitsa
post Jan 2 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #8

GP TRELLI GAVRINA

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I have not been fortunate to see Nicky Carle play. I wish him all the best in his playing career in England. It is great to see that Sydney Olympic provided the path for him to become the player he now is.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

08/02/1981 ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ ΖΕΙΤΕ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΑΣ ΟΔΗΓΕΙΤΕ

+Quote Post
Aliti
post Jan 2 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #9

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 259

I have met Nick Carl he is a great player and a Gentleman every time during the trainning session he was committed and before the game started I use to modivate him I will never forget Nick when he had to playing for Australia on afriendly game Saturday night then the next day on a Sunday afternoon he Played our team against Sydney united that I will never forget it. He is alot better then his brother Leo Carl.

I missed him not playing or wearing the SYDNEY OLYMPIC JEARSEY.

This post has been edited by Aliti: Jan 2 2008, 12:08 PM

--------------------
THROUGH MY GLASSES I SEE MARS, SYDNEY OLYMPIC TAKE ME TO THE STARS

ANDREA THE LEGEND

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0k6c9FW...gif?w=500%22%22

+Quote Post
Otis
post Jan 2 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #10

Professional Poster

Aliti, are you that short guy who used to run around and setup the corner posts before all the Sth Melb Hellas home games?

--------------------

+Quote Post
vasilis16
post Jan 2 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #11

Professional Poster

Member No.: 716

ive met him in newcastle i kno a ew of teh jets players, outof all of em he was the better 1, wasnt stuck up n always had time 4 fans

good luck man ur a champ

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 2 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #12

Greekplanet Star

My fond memories of Nicky Carle --- our beloved SydneyOlympic SFC goldenboy / hero ...

The first game last season we won 4-0 and from thereon it was a nightmare season ... Probably the worse Sydney Olympic on-field performance we have ever experienced ... We came to a all-time low when we lost to the bottom team of the ladder so so badly that SydOlympic fans were absolutely furious towards the coach and players like never before !!

SydOlympic fans that had season passes were so upset they regretted buying a seasons ticket and threatened not to come to another SydOlympic game for the rest of the season ... it was that bad ... !!

and at the very worse ...

Nicky Carle came from A League club Newcastle Jets to restore some pride and dignity to our passionate football club "Sydney Olympic" !!

Was Nicky told that he had to come back ? NO ... Did Nicky have to come back ? NO ... Nicky Carle CHOSE to come back !!

Nicky Carle came back to a lower soccer league from Newcastle Jets to save the club from finishing bottom spot on the ladder and restoring some pride back into the club ... and did he do it well !! ...

Nicky Carle was the key play-maker to turn the game around in favour towards SydneyOlympic week after week ...

Nicky Carle dazzled opponents with his ball skills and set up so many scoring opportunites and goals for our forwards ... Nicky Carle was absolutely brilliant to watch .... He stood out far above the rest of the team ... We were ever so proud to have Nicky wearing the blue and white ...

It wasn't till the end of the season when Nicky was away trying out with a overseas team that we started losing again ... Thank Heavens for Nicky we didn't finish on the bottom of the ladder !!

SydOlympic SFC has always been supportive of Nicky in his quest to play higher grade of football whether here in Aust or overseas ...

We personally want to wish Nicky the very best with his career in England and we are especially fully supportive of his Socceroos career as well ...

May God bless Nicky Carle for his loyalty and support of SydneyOlympic SFC through the years and especially for when we needed him most !! ...

... biggrin.gif ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ... badgoalie.gif ... clapping.gif ... hug.gif ... first.gif ... friends.gif ... w00t.gif ... clap2.gif ... warning.gif ... character0029.gif ... trophy1.gif ... dance2.gif ... blum.gif

+Quote Post
vasilis16
post Jan 4 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #13

Professional Poster

Member No.: 716

actually it was the a-league off season and usually wat players do is go 2 1st grade state league teams

in my team we had a few jets players

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 11 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #14

Greekplanet Star

We all hope you do really well over there in the U.K. for Bristol City Rovers Nicky Carle !!

The Sydney Olympic fans will always be supporting you all the way bro. ....

I somehow suspect you will score a few goals this season too ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.smh.com.au/carle-completes-eng...80108-1ku6.html

Carle completes English move to Bristol

January 8, 2008 - 6:10PM

Socceroos midfielder Nick Carle has completed his move to high-flying English Championship club Bristol City.

The former Newcastle Jets midfielder and A-League player of the year signed a three-year deal with Bristol after becoming unsettled at Turkish Super Lig side Genclerbirligi.

Carle watched City's 2-1 FA Cup loss to Middlesbrough from the stands last Saturday but could be included in the squad to face Colchester at home this weekend.

With the transfer, believed to be worth around $A1.13 million, completed Carle said he was looking forward to helping the club's charge towards Premier League promotion.

Bristol are currently joint Championship leaders alongside West Bromwich Albion and Watford.

"The team has been doing brilliant for the past two seasons and they're doing fantastically well at the moment," Carle told the club's website.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge to add my bit to the team when I can.

"I can see why the team is doing so well. The boys are great and the coaching set-up and everything around the club is excellent."

Carle said he sought advice from two of Bristol's former Australian players before accepting the move.

"I spoke to Luke Wilkshire (now with Dutch club FC Twente) and Adam Federici (Reading)," Carle said.

"I did a bit of research and it all came back very positive.

"That made me, my wife and my little boy all the happier to be making the move."

Carle was targeted by Bristol following his impressive performance in the Socceroos' 1-0 friendly win over Nigeria at Craven Cottage in November, his first international start.

Bristol coach Gary Johnson said he was attracted by Carle's versatility.

"He's a quality player who can play all across the midfield," Johnson said.

"He's just hit the international scene and I feel we've got him here at just the right time."

© 2008 AAP

+Quote Post
Otis
post Jan 12 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #15

Professional Poster

QUOTE (diaggello @ Jan 11 2008, 11:29 PM) *
We all hope you do really well over there in the U.K. for Bristol City Rovers Nicky Carle !!

The Sydney Olympic fans will always be supporting you all the way bro. ....

I somehow suspect you will score a few goals this season too ...

I don't think nick carle is reading your posts, d'angelo

--------------------

+Quote Post
niko
post Jan 12 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #16

D'angelo hahahaha. I don't know why that's funny but it made me laugh haha. All the best to Nick Carle, he's had a massive career stemming from state league in Australia to second division France to the A-League, first division in Turkey and now to the club currently scaling the heights of second division in England. AND he's only 26! Gobsmacking! He could play for at least 4-5 more second division teams before his career's over!

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 12 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #17

Greekplanet Star

QUOTE (Otis @ Jan 12 2008, 08:56 AM) *
I don't think nick carle is reading your posts, d'angelo

Don't think anyone is taking notice of your words either !!

Go Bristol City - Go Nicky Carle !!

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 12 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #18

Greekplanet Star

QUOTE (niko @ Jan 12 2008, 08:46 PM) *
D'angelo hahahaha. I don't know why that's funny but it made me laugh haha. All the best to Nick Carle, he's had a massive career stemming from state league in Australia to second division France to the A-League, first division in Turkey and now to the club currently scaling the heights of second division in England. AND he's only 26! Gobsmacking! He could play for at least 4-5 more second division teams before his career's over!

You say "He could play for at least 4-5 more second division teams before his career's over!" !!!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa He'll be playing English Premier League next season !!

One of the very highest quailty of football competitions in the world ... !! ... Sorry Niko you're wrong again !!

Too bad you have never met NickyCarle and probably never seen him play live !!

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 12 2008, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
niko
post Jan 12 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #19

Do you honestly, genuinely think that it makes a difference if I've met him or seen him play live. TV does fine for me and his track record of clubs speaks volumes. The guy is an average player who plays in sub-par leagues for a living. If Bristol are promoted I'm sure that he will be sold or used as a backup to the new recruits they bring in with all that EPL money. I'm willing to give credit where it's due, he's just not special to me at all

--------------------

+Quote Post
Otis
post Jan 13 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #20

Professional Poster

Like i said earlier, he's very pretty.

Given the opportunity, I would throw my knickers at him and spready my legs for him too, just like d'angelo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th April 2020 - 03:56 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia