IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Observations
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Apr 27 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Guests

Why is it that a picture featuring Asian students, with the caption "Spot the sleepy student" is removed by moderators for being "racist" yet the forum allows open attacks on the Turks and Skops? Is this not racist behaviour? How can you condemn one form of racism and condone another? It doesn't reflect well on the Greek community or on the forums if members are allowed to behave in this way, especially when the administration is quite active on this front.

Another thing I have noticed, we'll have 5 or 6 moderators on at the one time a request is made on shoutbox for a moderator to clean up a thread where 3 pages of spamming has occurred and no one does a thing. It's been what 3 maybe 4 hours now?And how can moderators tell members to stay on topic when most of the time they fuel tangent discussions? Why have so many moderators if none of them are doing their job? And one of the few moderators that actually did something gets demoted because of comments that personally offended the administration. What utter bullshit, if those comments had been made about anyone else squat would have happened.

I've been watching this forum long before I became a member and at first I thought that it was a young forum and the administration will work out the kinks given time. But everything has steadily gone downhill with no sign of slowing down.

Get your act together.

This post has been edited by Mini_Twilight: Apr 27 2007, 06:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Apr 27 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Professional Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

QUOTE(Mini_Twilight @ Apr 27 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]92356[/snapback]

Why is it that a picture featuring Asian students, with the caption "Spot the sleepy student" is removed by moderators for being "racist" yet the forum allows open attacks on the Turks and Skops? Is this not racist behaviour? How can you condemn one form of racism and condone another? It doesn't reflect well on the Greek community or on the forums if members are allowed to behave in this way, especially when the administration is quite active on this front.

That is quite true and i have thought that too. You either ban all types of racist remarks or you don't ban any of them and let people say whatever they want. You can't do things half way.

This post has been edited by Kat_La: Apr 27 2007, 07:00 PM

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
Guest_Mini_Twilight_*
post Apr 27 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #3

Guests

Vicky (6:59 pm) -- reading what a aliti writes reminds me of what i was like doing reading comprehension in year fucking 2

See this is the shit I'm talking about. Here you have a moderator openly demeaning a member just because his diction isn't so good.

+Quote Post
Vicky
post Apr 27 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 35

QUOTE(Mini_Twilight @ Apr 27 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]92356[/snapback]

Another thing I have noticed, we'll have 5 or 6 moderators on at the one time a request is made on shoutbox for a moderator to clean up a thread where 3 pages of spamming has occurred and no one does a thing. It's been what 3 maybe 4 hours now?And how can moderators tell members to stay on topic when most of the time they fuel tangent discussions? Why have so many moderators if none of them are doing their job? And one of the few moderators that actually did something gets demoted because of comments that personally offended the administration. What utter bullshit, if those comments had been made about anyone else squat would have happened.

I've been watching this forum long before I became a member and at first I thought that it was a young forum and the administration will work out the kinks given time. But everything has steadily gone downhill with no sign of slowing down.

Get your act together.

On the first part, exis xilia dikea.
Quite contradictory.

On the second part.
Only moderaters from certain areas can clean up sections, or a super mod, so just say i am on, and you want something in the kafenio cleaned up, I can't do that, regardless of the fact that i am a moderator.
As for tangent discussions.. it happens, not just mods get off topic, don't nit pick. If everyone always stayed on topic there would be 3-4 posts max, if we have all this bullshit were people can't add something cause someone else may think its off topic then the site might as well shut dowm.. Freedom of God damn speach.. LEARN IT.. Maybe if you are so worried about the image of this site you shouldn't post this here. You should send a PM to admins telling them this.. You don't need to air out the affairs of demoting and promoting moderators. Unless you're trying to kologlipsi the certain member that was demoted thats why you're doing it. Anyway, thats my 2 bobs worth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vicky
post Apr 27 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 35

QUOTE(Mini_Twilight @ Apr 27 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]92364[/snapback]

Vicky (6:59 pm) -- reading what a aliti writes reminds me of what i was like doing reading comprehension in year fucking 2

See this is the shit I'm talking about. Here you have a moderator openly demeaning a member just because his diction isn't so good.

Have a fucking cry man.
What i said is the truth anyway. I don't lie and i always say what i am thinking.. If you don't like it.. IGNORE IT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
k0ukz23Q
post Apr 27 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #6

= MiZ BaLLbReAkA =

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Having seen this post, i will discuss this further with the administration and come up with the necessary action to ensure that this doesn't occur again.

--------------------
= INDULGE MOTORSPORTS =

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Apr 27 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #7

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

I have re opened this topic for discussion on the points made.

If you attack each other, then it will be closed again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Apr 27 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #8

GP HOOLIGAN

Also moved, so guests cant see what is written, Im keeping this one in house.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Apr 27 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #9

GP HOOLIGAN

QUOTE(Pat__ @ Apr 14 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]90403[/snapback]

no matter what is done something or other will be said to offend someone and in some situations it may not even be the language or the teasing involved. people need to harden up a little bit and not live in a world where they think everything will be perfect.

reality is not perfect and neither is it perfect in the cyber world.

She has hit the nail on the head.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Apr 27 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #10

>>GP Kyprea

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 95

i don't even know whatrs going on but i agree with vicky to some extent. any random mod cannot clean up someone elses mess if it isnt in their power to do so. and going off on tangents isnt so bad, keeps it intersting, unless theres enough content then perhaps another topic should be opened.

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Apr 27 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #11

GP HOOLIGAN

Guys, im going to lock this topic up for a reason.

There will a discussion with all supermods/mods on the issues raised, and once we come to a solution/agreement, i will post it here.

In the mean time, dont be afraid to pm me if you think you have an issue with this topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 02:24 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia