IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HAWTHORN FOREVER !!!, All about the Mighty Hawks !!!
diaggello
post May 12 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #1

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield
Member No.: 222

I GREW UP IN MELB DURING THE 1970's TO MID 1990's .... I NOW LIVE IN SYDNEY AND MISS WATCHING THE HAWKS ON WEEKENDS ...

I WENT TO HEAPS OF HAWTHORN FOOTY GAMES OVER THE YEARS ... INTERESTINGLY, THE USUAL BEST FOOTY TEAMS WERE IN THE TOP 5 YEAR IN YEAR OUT, VERY DIFFERENT TODAY BECAUSE OF THE NEW DRAFT SYSTEM ...

SOME OF THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE THAT I'LL NEVER FORGET ... NEVER A BAD SEASON IN THE LAST 30 YEARS UNTIL RECENTLY THOUGH WE'RE ON THE WAY BACK UP THE LADDER AGAIN ...

C'ARN THE HAWKS - BRING BACK THOSE GLORY YEARS AGAIN ... GO HAWTHORN .... GO THE MIGHTY HAWKS ONCE AGAIN !!!! ...

...character0029.gif ... first.gif ... clap2.gif ...

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 15 2008, 07:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
diaggello
post May 12 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #2

Greekplanet Star

From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield

AS I WAS SAYING IT REALLY HAS FELT STRANGE TO SEE HAWTHORN STRUGGLE THE LAST FEW SEASONS IN THE AFL ... THEY HAVEN'T FINISHED WOODEN SPOONERS THOUGH AFTER 30 YEARS OF FOLLOWING THEM PASSIONATELY IT REALLY HAS FELT STRANGE THAT A ERA OF HAWTHORN PLAYING WITH A LOT OF CONFIDENCE, CONSTANTLY WINNING GAMES (TOP VICTORIES), MAKING THE FINALS SEASON AFTER SEASON, AND PRODUCING MANY FAMOUS CHAMPIONS HAS SLIPPED AWAY .... CHAMPIONS LIKE PETER HUDSON, PETER KNIGHTS, DERMOTT BRERETON, LEIGH MATTHEWS, MICHAEL TUCK JUST TO NAME A FEW, INFACT WE HAD A WHOLE FOOTY TEAM OF STARS IN THE 1980'S ...

I'M SURE OTHER TEAMS SUCH AS CARLTON, ESSENDON, RICHMOND CAN ALSO SAY SOMETHING SIMILAR ...

HAWTHORN WILL COME GOOD .... THE AFL FOOTBALL CRITICS SAY THAT THE YOUNG HAWKS WILL BE THE BIG SURPRISE IMPROVERS THIS 2006 SEASON ... (AS THEY HAVE ALREADY SHOWN THEMSELVES TO BE) ... WE'VE GOT MANY YOUNG RISING STARS: CRAWFORD, WILLIAMS, MITCHELL TO NAME A FEW. WE'VE GOT PLAYERS NOW MAKING THE ALL-AUSTRALIAN FOOTY TEAM...

I BELIEVE THEY WILL FINISH IN THE TOP FINAL 8 THIS SEASON OR COME VERY CLOSE TO MAKING THE 8....

ONE THING I CAN SAY IS NEVER NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HAWKS ... THEY CAN BEAT ANY OF THE TOP TEAMS WHEN THEY ARE UNDER PRESSURE ...

ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE FLAG JUST YET CONSIDERING THEY ARE A PREDOMINANTLY YOUNG DEVELOPING SIDE ? ... TOO EARLY TO SAY !!! ... AS WE KNOW IT'S ALWAYS THE LAST MINUTE DEVELOPMENTS AND LOSSES OF A CLUB THAT DETERMINE WHO WINS THE VITAL FINALS GAME AND ULTIMATELY THE FLAG !!! ...

GOING FROM SYDN TO BRISSY TO WATCH A FOOTY GAME IS NO DIFFERENT IN DISTANCE GOING FROM SYDN TO MELB ... THE TROUBLE WITH WATCHING INTERSTATE FOOTBALL IS THAT IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE TO TRAVEL ... THESE DAYS SUPPORTERS OF FORMER VFL TEAMS CANNOT WATCH ALL THEIR HOME GAMES IN MELB ...

THERE'S ALWAYS THE T.V. AND INTERNET RADIO STATIONS UNTIL I CAN WATCH A LIVE GAME AT THE GROUND ... HAHA ...

IRONICALLY, I JOINED THE HAWKS-SYDNEY-SUPPORTER-BASE-GROUP THIS YEAR AND HAWTHORN DON'T PLAY UP HERE IN SYDNEY THIS SEASON - THERE'S NO SWANNIES VS HAWKS MATCH .... SO WE MISS OUT !! ...

MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A LONGER COMPETITION SO THAT EVERY TEAM PLAYS EACH OTHER AT A HOME AND AWAY GAME EVERY SEASON !! .... THEY'D BE MORE MONEY GENERATED ... HMMM ... SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME ... (ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I NOW LIVE IN SYDNEY !!!) ...

SHOULD HAWTHORN MAKE THE GRAND FINAL I WILL DEFINITELY FIND A WAY TO BE THERE ON THAT ONE DAY IN SEPTEMBER !!! ...

GO THE MIGHTY HAWKS ... BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS !!!

clapping.gif friends.gif party0018.gif yu.gif bearhug.gif first.gif

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 15 2008, 07:32 AM

+Quote Post
Otis
post May 12 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Professional Poster

Member No.: 168

I love watching the Dawks lose.

I've held a grudge because when i was a kid, all the Tigers fans slowly switched over to the hawthorn bandwagon... and to add insult to injury they would give me shit whenever the hawks whooped our sorry asses time and time again in the late 80s and early 90s. I remember how dunstall would always kick bags of 10 against us, and once he kicked 17!! the hawks would flog us by about 10+ goals every single time.

now when we beat them it's SO SATISFYING! especially those games we beat you by 1 point, lol.

--------------------
I'll come to you like an affliction, and I'll leave you like an addiction!

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Sep 24 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Greekplanet Star

HAWTHORN HAD NOT A BAD SEASON AFTER ALL THIS YEAR ... THEY WON 9 GAMES WHICH WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED IF YOU ASK ME !!

FINISHED OFF WINNING THE LAST 4 GAMES OF THE SEASON WHICH IS A POSITIVE STEP TO NEXT SEASON !!

SOONER OR LATER HAWTHORN WILL BLOSSOM LIKE THEY DID IN THE '70s '80s and EARLY '90s ...

MARK MY WORDS ... HAWTHORN WILL ONLY IMPROVE YEAR BY YEAR NOW !!

GO THE 2007 HAWKS ... VIC AND TASSIE HAWKS !!

character0029.gif <------ J.J. !!! first.gif <------ HAWTHORN IN 2007 (I HOPE) Various_Artists-grin.gif <----- ME !!

This post has been edited by diaggello: Sep 24 2006, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
nate
post Sep 27 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #5

Super Moderator

Member No.: 156

I live in Adelaide re. I was sitting down at Cibo for Lunch the other day on the Parade which is close to where I live, and I got to sit across from the rat! who also works on the Parade!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xristina
post Sep 27 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #6

Greekplanet Elite

Member No.: 38

GO THE POO BROWN AND GOLD LOL (i feel sorry for them cos they have poo brown and gold lol or as my softball team get called the poo and wee team ahahahah) and ill say it again GO THE POO BROWN AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Huh? What? Somebody's throwin' stuff. You gonna build a fire or what?

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Sep 28 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #7

Greekplanet Star

QUOTE(Xristina @ Sep 27 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]57625[/snapback]

GO THE POO BROWN AND GOLD LOL (i feel sorry for them cos they have poo brown and gold lol or as my softball team get called the poo and wee team ahahahah) and ill say it again GO THE POO BROWN AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Xristina ... the Hawthorn colours represent the colours of a Brown and Gold coloured Aussie Hawk !!

See our Hawks Logo's ...

In reality we used to say that the Brown and Gold are the GLORY COLOURS IN THE VFL/AFL !!

I swear I LOVE THESE COLOURS ... they are Passion and Respect to one of the most respected clubs in the AFL (if you know anything about Aussie Rules)...

It won't be long now before Hawthorn becomes hugely influential in the AFL after rebuilding these last few seasons .... every AFL club goes through it !!

GO THE 2007 HAWKS !
............ first.gif ........... character0029.gif ........... wink.gif ...........

+Quote Post
Otis
post Sep 28 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #8

Professional Poster

QUOTE(diaggello @ Sep 28 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]57678[/snapback]

It won't be long now before Hawthorn becomes hugely influential in the AFL after rebuilding these last few seasons .... every AFL club goes through it !!

............ first.gif ........... character0029.gif ........... wink.gif ...........

everyone but carlton, lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
nate
post Sep 28 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #9

Super Moderator

Member No.: 156

pfffft..we won't be wooden spooners next year. The no draft picks really screwed us over.

--------------------

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 28 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #10

Greekplanet Star

GO THE MIGHTY YOUNG HAWKS IN 2007 ....

THE AVERAGE YOUNGEST TEAM OF PLAYERS IN THE AFL ....

HAWKS ARE SET TO SOAR ....

..... blum.gif ..... focus.gif ..... warning.gif ..... character0029.gif ..... dirol.gif ..... laugh.gif ..... thumbsup.gif ..... wub.gif ..... punish.gif ..... clap2.gif ..... first.gif

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 28 2007, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Jan 28 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #11

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

i was a hawthorn fan. then again i was an everything fan.... but thats not the point. football isnt about footy and playing with a ball and spinning kids out with banana kicks and 'speckies' etc. its about which team has the most pretty boys.

that being said, shane crawford is leading his crew into the victory of the metrosexual/pretty boy season.

enough said about your beloved hawks. =]

This post has been edited by Pat__: Jan 28 2007, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jan 28 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #12

Greekplanet Star

QUOTE(Pat__ @ Jan 28 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]77600[/snapback]

i was a hawthorn fan. then again i was an everything fan.... but thats not the point. football isnt about footy and playing with a ball and spinning kids out with banana kicks and 'speckies' etc. its about which team has the most pretty boys.

that being said, shane crawford is leading his crew into the victory of the metrosexual/pretty boy season.

enough said about your beloved hawks. =]

HAHAHA .... FUNNY RESPONSE PATTY ....

YOU SAID "football isnt about footy and playing with a ball and spinning kids out with banana kicks and 'speckies' etc. its about which team has the most pretty boys" .... HAHAHA ....

YES SHANE CRAWF IS WELL LIKED BY THE LADIES ... HE IS A PART-TIME MALE MODEL & WAS VOTED THE NO.1 BEST LOOKING GUY IN AFL LAST SEASON (2006) ....

YOU'RE A CLASSIC PAT !! ...

blum.gif ... Various_Artists-decayed.gif ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ... dirol.gif ... clap2.gif ... first.gif

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jan 28 2007, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Apr 6 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #13

Greekplanet Star

HAWTHORN HADN'T STARTED THIS 2007 YEAR AS EXPECTED ... THEN AGAIN BRISBANE ARE A TOP TEAM THIS YEAR ...

THOUGH I CAN SAY THEY HAVE 3 TALENTED PLAYERS TO START UP THIS WEEKEND AGAINST MELBOURNE ...

THIS YEARS COMPETITION LOOKS TO BE A LOT MORE COMPETITIVE BETWEEN ALL TEAMS ...

I DO THOUGH EXPECT THE YOUNGEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE COMP (HAWTHORN) WITH GREAT TALENT TO GET BACK UP THERE IN THE TOP 8 TO MAKE THE FINALS ...

LOOKING FORWARD TO A EXCITING YEAR ...

I WOULDN'T WRITE OFF THE HAWKS THIS YEAR IF I WERE YOU ...

GO THE MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS ... GO HAWTHORN !!

clap2.gif ... character0029.gif ... dirol.gif ... laugh.gif ... first.gif ... punish.gif ... blum.gif ... blink.gif ... Various_Artists-decayed.gif ...

This post has been edited by diaggello: Apr 6 2007, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Apr 19 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #14

Greekplanet Star

GO THE MIGHTY FIGHTING 2007 HAWKS !!

WELL DONE TO BEAT NTH.MELB KANGAROOS ON THE WEEKEND !!

... clap2.gif ... character0029.gif ... first.gif ... thumbsup.gif ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ... blum.gif ... welcomegp7xu.gif ... Various_Artists-grin.gif ..

This post has been edited by diaggello: Apr 19 2007, 01:07 AM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jul 26 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #15

Greekplanet Star

.... character0029.gif .... clap2.gif ... dirol.gif ... first.gif ... thumbsup.gif ... wink.gif ... to_pick_ones_nose2.gif ... blum.gif .... wink.gif

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Aug 6 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #16

Greekplanet Star

...first.gif ... character0029.gif ... clap2.gif ... thumbsup.gif .... wink.gif ...

Hawthorn Hawks

2 Jarryd Roughead

3 Jordan Lewis

4 Rick Ladson

5 Sam Mitchell

9 Shane Crawford

10 Chance Bateman

11 Joel Smith

12 Brad Sewell

13 Simon Taylor

15 Luke Hodge

18 Brent Guerra

19 Ben Dixon

20 Tim Boyle

21 Richard Vandenberg

23 Lance Franklin

24 Trent Croad

30 Campbell Brown

35 Grant Birchall

39 Robert Campbell

42 Stephen Gilham

43 Ben McGlynn

45 Clinton Young

1st 2nd 3rd Final
Hawthorn 4.4 7.9 11.11 17.17 (119)
Essendon 0.6 3.8 7.12 7.14 (56)

Match Time: Complete

Hawthorn Goal Kickers:
Franklin 4, Roughead 3, Crawford 2, Dixon 2, Ladson 2, Bateman, Boyle, Gilham, Vandenberg

Hawthorn Best Players:
Lewis, Mitchell, Birchall, Campbell, Bateman, Brown, Crawford, McGlynn, Franklin

Essendon Goal Kickers:
Lloyd 2, Fletcher, Lucas, Monfries, Peverill, Slattery

Essendon Best Players:
Fletcher, Stanton, Peverill, Lovett-Murray, Watson

Q4 30:00 - Siren sounds, Hawks comprehensive winners over the Bombers to the tune of 63 points!
Q4 29:30 - Hodge in the contest, marks 25m out on a slight angle, Hodge hits the post!
Q4 29:00 - Nash and Lloyd combine, Croad forces the turnover, Bateman receives and kicks to McGlynn
Q4 26:00 - Lucas from a tight angle 35m out, pushes the ball across the face and out of bounds on the full
Q4 21:00 - Ladson running around the wing, kicks to and finds Roughead, his shot on goal misses
Q4 18:00 - Dixon takes the mark within range, kicks to Young directly infront, his shot goes out of bounds
Q4 17:00 - Crawford and Mitchell combine, ball kicked to half forward, McGlynn pin points Ladson
Q4 16:30 - Franklin approaches, 20m out directly infront, Goal!
Q4 16:00 - Guerra to Crawford to Croad who kicks to full forward and Franklin marks!
Q4 13:00 - From the kick in, Young collects and handballs to Crawford who makes no mistake from 45m out!
Q4 12:00 - Johnson handballs to Watson, kicks badly, Hodge takes them on, kicks and misses from 50
Q4 11:00 - Birchall takes a bounce, finds Bateman who in turn looks for Franklin, Hawks deep into attack
Q4 09:00 - Bateman comes in and nails the door shut for the Hawks, terrific goal!
Q4 08:30 - Vandenberg kicks the Hawks into attack, Bateman leaps and marks! 45m directly in front
Q4 07:00 - Johnson kicks the Bombers forward, Laycock outmarks McGlynn, kicks for goal and misses
Q4 05:00 - Roughead marks outside 50, goes back and drills the goal, 3 majors in 5 minutes for the Hawks!
Q4 03:00 - From the middle, Hawks push into attack, McGlynn to Vandenberg who kicks seemingly the sealer!
Q4 02:30 - On the rebound, Croad kicks forward, Ladson collects, runs within range and kicks a great goal!
Q4 02:00 - Winderlich at half back, passes to Peverill then Lovett who runs from Sewell, Croad intercepts
Q3 29:10 - Siren sounds, Hawks lead by 23 points with one quarter to go!
Q3 29:00 - Bombers back within four goals, nearing three quarter time
Q3 28:00 - Lucas at half forward finds Peverill 35m on a slight angle, great kick, goal!
Q3 27:00 - Lloyd from 51m on a slight angle kicks a long goal for the Bombers!
Q3 25:00 - Franklin with one handed pickup passes to Ladson, Hawks reply to the Bombers goals!
Q3 23:00 - Ball out of play inside Bombers 50, Hodge roves, passes to Guerra who clears
Q3 21:30 - Bombers into attack, Monfries paid the free, 25m out, kicks another for the Bombers
Q3 19:00 - From the middle, Bombers midfield combine, Slattery receives, on the run kicks the Bombers' fourth
Q3 17:40 - Gilham approaches from 48m out directly infront and makes no mistake, floodgates opening!
Q3 17:30 - Bateman kicks wide to half forward, Boyle marks and kicks to Gilham on the lead within range
Q3 15:00 - Dixon marks 15m out directly infront, lines up and kicks the goal from point blank range!
Q3 14:30 - Lloyd turns and snaps from 35, ball bouncing towards goal, Brown on the last line rushes a behind
Q3 12:30 - Ramanauskas closes in on McGlynn and brings him down, terrific chase and tackle, Bombers hit back
Q3 11:00 - Hawks combine and travel the length of the field, Roughead collects the ball and kicks an easy goal
Q3 09:00 - Bombers attacking better than the Hawks early in this quarter, now looking for scoreboard pressure
Q3 07:30 - Lloyd marks the kick from Laycock, kicking from 50m out on a slight angle, across the face, behind
Q3 06:00 - Roughead wins a free, 40m out directly in front, his kick drifts and misses to the right
Q3 05:00 - Lloyd from 50m, lines up, kicks, ball fading late and smashes into the post!
Q3 04:30 - Lovett kicks long into the Bombers' attack, Lloyd kicks from outside 50, misses but paid the free
Q3 03:30 - Umpire intervenes, Lucas hands in the back, Hawks rebound
Q3 03:00 - Bombers win the free and kick towards half forward, Welsh marks, kicks to Lucas who marks!
Q3 01:00 - Lloyd snaps from the pocket, his kick off the side of the boot and out of bounds
Q3 00:30 - Away after half-time, Hawks win the first clearance, ball in dispute on the wing
Q2 30:00 - At the main break the Hawks take a 25 point lead over the Bombers
Q2 29:30 - Lloyd after the siren kicking from 30m out, he kicks truly!! Bombers still in the match!
Q2 29:00 - Bombers defend, Slattery rebounds and finds Lloyd, siren sounds!
Q2 28:30 - Croad clears by way of Smith, Birchall collects and kicks towards Franklin
Q2 28:00 - Lovett-Murray long kick towards goal, Lloyd at the back, wrestling with Croad, gives away a free
Q2 27:00 - Hodge marks 30m out directly in front, his kick pushing to the right, minor score
Q2 26:30 - Roughead on a tight angle, in the pocket, runs around the mark, snaps and kicks out of bounds!
Q2 26:00 - Gilham handballs to McGlynn, Roughead outmarks Johns and lines up from the pocket
Q2 25:00 - Bateman pushes the ball forward out of the middle, ball thrown in on the wing
Q2 23:30 - Hille wins the tap, Johnson kicks forward, Lloyd and Lucas combine, Lucas kicks a great goal!
Q2 23:00 - Franklin and Roughead in the marking contest, Roughead roves the pack and snaps a goal!!
Q2 21:00 - Lewis kicks to half forward, Stanton defends for the Bombers and passes to Hille
Q2 20:00 - Bombers streaming up the field, Nash kicks to Lucas inside 50, Campbell defends valiantly
Q2 18:00 - Franklin paid a contentious free kick, from 30m out on an angle, minor score
Q2 17:00 - Taylor wins the tap for the Hawks again, Bombers force the ball wide and out of bounds
Q2 16:00 - From the middle, Hawks clear, Crawford bursting out of the middle replies with a quick goal!
Q2 15:00 - Fletcher from 50, approaches and kicks a wonderful goal! The Bombers' first!!
Q2 14:00 - Lovett-Murray kicks backwards, Fletcher marks, Bombers trying to set a goal opportunity up
Q2 11:00 - Young kicks to Roughead who marks, his set shot misses to the near side
Q2 10:00 - Almost a quarter and a half of football and the Bombers yet to kick a goal!
Q2 09:00 - McGlynn off to Young who kicks deep into attack, Franklin picks up the ball and kicks his third goal
Q2 08:00 - Dixon and Franklin combine, Boyle picks up the ball, back to Dixon who kicks into attack
Q2 06:00 - Birchall marks and passes to Bateman, Crawford competes but can't keep the ball in play
Q2 05:00 - Johnson tackles Guerra beautifully and wins the free, from 50m his kicks does not make the distance
Q2 04:30 - McVeigh runs around, opens the angle and misses, Bombers yet to kick a major!
Q2 04:00 - Lovett-Murray on the wing kicks to Lloyd, who finds Welsh, McVeigh receives in the pocket
Q2 03:00 - Hawks streaming through the middle, Bateman marks 50m out, his kick hits the post!
Q2 01:00 - Stanton wins the free, 55m out, his kick does not travel the distance, Hawks rebound
Q2 00:30 - Stanton on centre wing, looks for Johnson who is under extreme pressure
Q1 27:10 - Siren sounds, at the end of a hotly contested quarter with the Hawks leading by 22 points
Q1 27:00 - The ball goes forward as Franklin and Roughead combine, Ryder rushes a minor
Q1 26:10 - Hawks on a roll, have punished the Bombers and have kicked the last four goals!
Q1 26:00 - Hawks win the clearance, Boyle marks again, turns and finds Dixon in the pocket, GOAL!
Q1 25:00 - Boyle marks for the Hawks, 30m out, kicks another to stretch the lead
Q1 23:00 - McGlynn finds Franklin 35m out directly in front, Franklin kicks his second goal in two minutes
Q1 20:10 - Franklin 30m out directly in front, kicks the game's first goal!!
Q1 20:00 - Bombers resume play, Johns turns the ball over, Franklin beats Ryder and marks
Q1 19:30 - Franklin approaches, his kick moving right to left for another behind
Q1 19:00 - Guerra kicks short and finds Franklin, 40m out directly in front
Q1 16:00 - Hawks work up along the wing, Birchall gives away a silly free and gives up the ball
Q1 15:30 - Dixon's kick a shocker, ball flies across the face and marked by Lovett
Q1 15:00 - Dixon for the Hawks marks 25m out on a slight angle
Q1 11:00 - Lewis paid a free kick, 50m out, his kick yet another behind!
Q1 07:30 - Campbell's kick goes to the top square, Franklin contests but the Bombers force a behind
Q1 07:00 - Crawford works up the ground, his kick finds Campbell within range
Q1 05:00 - Hawks under siege, Welsh takes the mark in the pocket, kicks around the body and misses
Q1 03:30 - From the kick in, Bombers cause a turnover, M.Johnson collects and has a shot, yet another behind!
Q1 03:00 - Hille and Winderlich combine streaming through the middle, shot on goal, only a minor score
Q1 02:00 - Franklin marks and lining up from 50, his kick is poor and out of bounds
Q1 01:00 - Watson marks 45m out on a tight angle, he pushes it across the face and rushed through for a minor
Q1 00:01 - Matty Lloyd has won the toss, Bombers will be kicking to the city end
Q1 00:00 - Welcome to the MCG this afternoon for this much anticipated clash, Hawks v Bombers!

Essendon Bombers

1 Mark Johnson

4 Jobe Watson

6 Angus Monfries

8 Jason Winderlich

9 Adam Ramanauskas

10 Mark McVeigh

11 Damien Peverill

12 Andrew Welsh

13 Andrew Lovett

15 Malcolm Michael

18 Matthew Lloyd

19 David Hille

20 Henry Slattery

21 Courtney Johns

24 Brent Stanton

25 Scott Lucas

26 Chris Heffernan

27 Jason Laycock

30 Paddy Ryder

31 Dustin Fletcher

33 Adam McPhee

38 Jay Nash

42 Nathan Lovett-Murray

This post has been edited by diaggello: Aug 6 2007, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Aug 11 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #17

Greekplanet Star

WOOHOOO GO YOU BEAUTIFUL THING ....

Impressive win puts Hawthorn second

Season 2007

Match Result Rnd 19 - 11/08/2007

2:10PM - Melbourne Cricket Ground

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Hawthorn 4.3 7.4 14.8 17.13 115
Brisbane Lions 3.4 7.9 9.10 13.13 91

Goals
Hawthorn: L Franklin 5 B Dixon 3 J Roughead 3 L Hodge 2 C Bateman T Boyle B McGlynn C Young.
Brisbane Lions: J Brown 6 L Power 2 C Stiller 2 J Charman R Copeland R Hooper.

Best
Hawthorn: L Hodge S Mitchell J Lewis L Franklin G Birchall S Crawford C Brown.
Brisbane Lions: J Brown L Power J Adcock J Charman N Lappin C Begley.

Injuries
Hawthorn: Vandenberg (knee), Ladson (cut head)
Brisbane Lions: Charman (finger)

Reports: Nil.

Umpires: B Allen S Wenn M Avon.

Official Crowd: 39,007 at MCG.

This post has been edited by diaggello: Aug 11 2007, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Sep 9 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #18

Greekplanet Star

GO YOU MIGHTY FIGHTING 2007 HAWKERS !!!!!!!!

Finals debut a dream for Young

10:59 AM Sun 9 September, 2007 | Back

By Jason Phelan

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network
News

BEING part of a winning finals side is every young footballer’s dream and Clinton Young got to experience it first-hand in the most dramatic fashion on Saturday.

“It was the most amazing win I’ve been a part of, the atmosphere was awesome,” Young said after Lance Franklin’s goal from outside 50 had sealed the three-point win against the Crows at Telstra Dome.

“It was the greatest footy moment of my life so far. To play a finals game, my first one, and have a win against the odds too I guess; Adelaide is a really good finals team and it was great to come away with the win.”

Young watched Franklin’s shot sail through the middle out on the wing where he had positioned himself in case the Crows brought the ball back into play, but he needn’t have bothered.

“He’s a freak of a man, so I wasn’t in any doubt,” he said. “It didn’t shock me at all that he put it through.”

The 21-year-old played an integral part in the win with 22 possessions, nine marks and a brilliant check-side goal on the run in the tense final term.

“I pretty much knew it was going through after I kicked it,” he said of the superb effort from tight on the boundary line. “So it was good to kick a goal in that last quarter and it was nice to be able to contribute.

“It was a typical finals game, they’re always close, and we really had to play four quarters to win. We thought we had it there with a couple of minutes to go, but we didn’t quite close the deal.

“We were in front and then we almost lost it but it was good to get the win and move on to next week now.”

The result looked unlikely a week ago after the Swans had dispatched the Hawks to the tune of 72 points.

“Yeah, Sydney touched us up, but we really didn’t review that game too much,” Young said.

“We sort of put it away and moved on. All week it was about preparing for the Crows and to get ourselves mentally up and I think that’s what we did.”

There will be precious little time to savour the heart-stopping win with Hawthorn to play the loser of the Geelong-Kangaroos qualifying final next weekend.

Young wasn’t about to make any bold predictions about the Hawks’ ability to progress even further into September, but he didn’t impose any restrictions either.

“We’re a younger team and we know that when we play our best footy, we can play against the best,” he said.
“Who knows if we can keep playing like that with our young group? We’ll go as far as we can.”

... thumbsup.gif ... wink.gif ... clap2.gif ... first.gif ... character0029.gif ... dirol.gif ... laugh.gif ..... punish.gif ... blum.gif

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Sep 25 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #19

Greekplanet Star

I think we made a huge improvement to the game in comparison to the last 6 years !! ...

Good signs for a good future !! ...As tough as the competition is I now do expect the Hawks to make next years finals as well ...

What we could do with is some experienced players in the forward line to help Franklin & Williams now that Dixon is gone !! ...

If we're going to be a top 4 team we need forwards ... we have plenty of youth and running players ...

I thought we could do with more tall forwards - NthMelb Kangaroos are a good example !! ... We are undoubtedly better in the other dept's of the game - at times we have proven playing against Hawthorn is like playing against the Harlem Globetrotters in a footy match !!

It will be a challenge to recruit another Buddy Franklin and alike in the off season. What do you think ?

+Quote Post
Otis
post Sep 25 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #20

Professional Poster

you do have forwards. Williams was just injured all season.

if you can nab a key defender (like Maguire from st kilda who might be a free agent) then you can free up Roughead as a loose forward. He's a great utility player (like Croad used to be before settling down back). Roughead needs to be used properly and in a consistent position because I can see a lot of AFL clubs who would use him more effectively (given the opportunity).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 06:18 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia