IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kevin Rudd & Kyoto
Sennitsa
post Dec 4 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #1

GP TRELLI GAVRINA

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

KEVIN Rudd has started his prime ministership with a bang, ratifying the Kyoto Protocol as his first act of government hours after being sworn in.

Mr Rudd's signing of the climate agreement yesterday brought applause from environmental groups and delegates at the United Nations climate conference in Bali.

It leaves the United States as the only major economy to boycott the Kyoto pact, which sets binding emissions targets that force countries to reduce or cap their greenhouse gas output.

Mr Rudd says his decision to ratify Kyoto so soon after being formally inducted as prime minister shows how serious he is about tackling climate change.

With the ratification process now in train, Australia will be a full member of the Kyoto Protocol by March.

Mr Rudd's wife Therese Rein and their children Jessica, Nicholas and Marcus were on hand yesterday to watch their father officially end John Howard's 11-year reign as Australia's second longest-serving prime minister.

In a morning ceremony at the governor-general's residence, Mr Rudd was sworn in as Australia's 26th prime minister. He leads the first Labor government since 1996.

Julia Gillard was then sworn in as Australia's first female deputy prime minister.

Why didn't John Howard want to sign Kyoto?

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

08/02/1981 ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ ΖΕΙΤΕ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΑΣ ΟΔΗΓΕΙΤΕ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monty Python
post Dec 5 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Greekplanet God

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

because John Howard was not a leader he was a follower!

--------------------
Each of us has his own special gift & u know this was meant to be true. And if u don't underestimate me, I won't underestimate u.

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Dec 5 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #3

>>GP Kyprea

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 95

kevin rudds government has let legislation pass to allow homos to be legally registered.

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Dec 6 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #4

Professional Poster

Member No.: 119

what's that got to do with kyoto?

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Dec 6 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #5

>>GP Kyprea

lol my bad, thought this was the election thread.

+Quote Post
nate
post Dec 6 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #6

Super Moderator

Member No.: 156

Kevin Rudd also said we will not reach the target and there will be penalties for not reaching it, so well done idiot rudd for signing something which we cannot reach the target for and will incur penalties for. Great leadership.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Dec 6 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #7

Professional Poster

The aim is to achieve the target in the next 50 years, and even if it's going to take that long, the fact that there is a target to work for will bring results. If we hadn't ratified kyoto then we wouldn't be heading towards the targets we are now.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JIMMYJUMP
post Dec 6 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #8

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Guys, lets be realists.

Do you think people will stop driving gas guzzling 4WD's

Do you think you will stop eating products that produce vast amounts of Green House gases?

Do you really think the US will join Kyoto?

Although I Am all for Kyoto, the reality is the population has become greedy, with little thought going into personal input into reducing greeh house gases. Governments can legislate all it wants, but if YOU the individual does not make an effort, then Kyoto means fuck all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Dec 6 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #9

>>GP Kyprea

how can rudd be planning for something 50 years in advance, he wont even be around to enforce these penalties etc, so thats completely pointless, the next leader could get in and say 'you know what, fuck the kyoto thing' rudd cant force me to have those stupid lightbulbs that look hideous in my house, i dont even know what green house gasses are, rudd should have tried educating the people of australia and explaining to them the depth of this issue if he really wanted them to make a change in their life.

N/B i know some of tha tprobably didnt make sence, but my head is killing and im exhausted.

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Dec 6 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #10

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

There are so many "things" Australians need to be educated about, where to start really. It's something that an individual, who doesn't go to school any more, needs to educate themselves on. I'm sure the children who are at school are learning about it in geography.

I don't see why everyone is making such a fuss about it when it is one of the measures being taken to stop the destruction that is already happening to the planet.

I think some people are trying to come up with things to complain about just to have something to moan and groan about.

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Dec 7 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #11

>>GP Kyprea

or pretty much i dont know what it is, therefore i will not do anything about it.

+Quote Post
Kat_La
post Dec 7 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #12

Professional Poster

Member No.: 242

Maybe you shouldn't say anything about it either if you don't know what it's about.

--------------------
Lois: Guess I'm a sucker for stray dogs and naked men. Okay, that didn't come out right...

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Dec 7 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #13

Professional Poster

I think what shorty meant was that people will have the mentality "i dont know what it is, therefore i will not do anything about it"

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Shorty
post Dec 7 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #14

>>GP Kyprea

QUOTE(Blaze @ Dec 7 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]107257[/snapback]

I think what shorty meant was that people will have the mentality "i dont know what it is, therefore i will not do anything about it"

exactly right.

+Quote Post
Elli Nitha
post Dec 13 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #15

Professional Poster

Member No.: 6

Its like this. Do you care about your home? Do you make sure that you look after your home? If you do then you should also care about our planet because this Earth is our home and if we don't look after it, It will no longer be able to look after us or any of the creatures that all live and share it.

Kevin Rudd is making a start. We all know he wont be around in 50 years but at least he has made the first step. The rest is up to us to make sure that whoever is in charge keeps it up.

Please watch An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore and you will see that we must start looking not only after our own homes but the planet we all call home - Earth.

+Quote Post
Russel
post Dec 15 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #16

Professional Poster

Member No.: 423

rudd is a complete malaka.

i bet you people havent even read kyoto and the implications it will have on the ecopnomies of the world.

i have said it before and i will say it again.
rudd is there to make australia have a recession.
people gain a lot by recessions or some people do anyway.

kyoto is wrong.
climate change is important but not with kyoto protocol.
it is tood ramatic and too radical and too high taxing on the coinstruction industry.

people face it.u have a malaka stooge for prime mininster..

a complete stooge...

+Quote Post
Russel
post Dec 15 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #17

Professional Poster

befoe any of u even dare to answer this topic,do me a favor and READ the fucken kyoto protocl and then tell me that its good.

read the fucker FIRST before u just assume its good for the planet and for the economies...

+Quote Post
Gia tin Gaia
post Jan 6 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #18

Atzamis

Member No.: 3,891

What's better: A "recession" or an extinction?

It's true. A recession may occur in the short run, followed by unprecedented growth in the long term as resources are being invested in other type of industries, such as solar wind etc.

What worries me though is that the kyote protocol does not go far enough to save our planet as it has set the benchmark for "allowable pollution" to the year 2000.

What we need is a new treaty that will have a benchmark since the early 1800's, ie since the start of the industrial revolution.

We also need a new economic theory that actually takes into account the consequences on the environment over the period of hundrends, if not thousands of years, and not the current 25 or 50 years.

+Quote Post
Russel
post Jan 30 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #19

Professional Poster

since you havent seen a recession then its best not to talk hypothetically.

whats better recession or extinction?

well the good news is extinction wont occur immediately,and by then all of us will be dead..

so in answer to your question...whats better..extinction..

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2020 - 06:32 PM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia