IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just A Note About A Few Things On The Forum.
JIMMYJUMP
post Jun 26 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #1

GP HOOLIGAN

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Dear members, in the last few weeks, there has been a few issues which need to be addressed in terms of expectations of admins, mods and members in regards to a few areas.

Personal attacks on members: There has been a bit of this lately, and it is affecting member participation. I want you to take a step back, and think to yourself, what will fighting and personal attacks achieve? it will make you look bad, make the forum look bad, and is there is a winner at the end of all this? No.

What happened prior to this post is history, I cant change the events, but I can have an influence in the future. In saying that, Greekplanet will wipe ALL existing warnings from all members. If you see any warnings on your profile after 7 days of this post, please inform a supermod who will remove it for you.

In return, I have instructed the mod team to edit posts if any personal attacks continue. We don't have a problem debating the heated and controversial issues, that's what a forum is all about.

Admins banning members: Since Greekplanet has came to existance, only 3 members have been banned, and 2 have been deregistered. Thats 5 from 614 members, and they where banned after breaking the rules, not for any other reason. It is not in Greekplanet's interest to ban members for any reason apart from continual breaking of the rules. We encourage free thought and posting, within the rules. We encourage you to post what you want in the appropriate section.

Questioning members threads: Certain members have criticized some threads. This is not on, if you feel the post doesn't warrant a reply from you, don't post. If the topic is poor, by natural progression, it will not recieve many replies and drop off the radar. Again, I stress why the split the Kafenio up into 2 seperate section, the kafenio and chill out zone. The kafenio is for more serious topics, while the chill out lounge speak for itself, less serious topics. Not everyone has an IQ of 200, some people might find a post about Newtown's Theory of Motion too deep, and some might find the games section not their thing. Respect the members choice of where they choose to post and about what they choose to post.

In the last month, we have trialled a section called the cage. This section was opened to satisfy some members needs in terms of posting topics which are not politically correct and this section is mainly unmoderated. It is hidden until we give you access to it. It has worked fine, with no problems what so ever.
If you want access to this section, please feel free to send me a pm or ask a question about it. One note, this is an over 18's section, with an over 18's mentality.

Now, I want you all to chill out a bit, and remember this is a community, not a jail. I don't like enforcing rules unless Im forced too. Lets all move on, and enjoy ourselves on here, there is no point taking things too seriously, remember, this is the internet, not the real world.

Thank you

Greekplanet Admin.

This post has been edited by JIMMYJUMP: Jun 26 2007, 08:20 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NO.1 WOG
post Jun 26 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

very well written ... alot of people should take note of this .

--------------------

+Quote Post
vasilis16
post Jun 26 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Professional Poster

Member No.: 716

yes true, n since i last got lectured i did take note of it

+Quote Post
Dj Nick Kay
post Jun 26 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #4

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 12

well done jj

and just to add the forum should be a fun place for all nota place of attack

We all are here for the same reason

+Quote Post
MADWOG
post Jun 27 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 121

Good piece of writing and information Admin.
On that note i like to say, we need to work as a team and if there are any issues we need to communicate firstly to the mod's of the particular sections and if they are not able to do it they will talk to the supermod's and then the situation is not resolved we have to talk to the Admin about the situation or matter. Please tell me if i am wrong or not

Thats my say,
from MADWOG

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Monty Python
post Jun 27 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #6

Greekplanet God

Member No.: 16

very well written keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------
Each of us has his own special gift & u know this was meant to be true. And if u don't underestimate me, I won't underestimate u.

+Quote Post
Χριστάρας
post Jun 27 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #7

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 1,562

yeh.....sorry

--------------------
<<Η Ζωή Είναι Μικρή. Ζήσε την Όσο Ζεις. Και Έτσι, Κάν'Την Μεγάλη!>>
-Η Φιλοσοφία Του Μέγα Χριστάρα

+Quote Post
Spirto
post Jun 28 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #8

Atzamis

Member No.: 1,955

QUOTE(Χριστάρας @ Jun 27 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]99863[/snapback]

yeh.....sorry

[b]The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.[/b]
Umberto Eco[b]

+Quote Post
Χριστάρας
post Jun 29 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #9

Greekplanet Star

Member No.: 1,562

wats that spose 2 mean??

--------------------
<<Η Ζωή Είναι Μικρή. Ζήσε την Όσο Ζεις. Και Έτσι, Κάν'Την Μεγάλη!>>
-Η Φιλοσοφία Του Μέγα Χριστάρα

+Quote Post
diaggello
post Jul 2 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #10

Greekplanet Star

From: I used to live near Macquarie University, Eastwood NSW - now i live in Ashfield
Member No.: 222

HERE HERE WELL SAID ...

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ---- KEEP THE PEACE BROTHERS AND SISTERS - NO BETTER WAY TO LIVE !!!

... character0029.gif .... clap2.gif .... Various_Artists-shifty.gif ... laugh.gif .... first.gif ... dirol.gif ... thumbsup.gif ... wink.gif .... welcomegp7xu.gif .... blum.gif

This post has been edited by diaggello: Jul 2 2007, 01:31 PM

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2019 - 06:58 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia