IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please do not ask for support here, post in the appropriate forum. Shoutbox can only be used by members only, click here to join

Παρακαλώ μην ζητήστε την υποστήριξη εδώ, παρακαλώ να ρωτήσετε στο σχετικό τμήμα.Το Shoutbox μπορεί μόνο να χρησιμοποιηθεί από τα μέλη μόνο. Χτυπήστε εδώ για να γίνετε μέλη.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goldfield Hotel - Creepy Stuff
greekprince
post Jun 24 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Greekplanet Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

This is footage from the Goldfield hotel in Nevada from the show Ghost Adventures. Similar to the series Ghost Hunters.

If there are any sceptics on this footage no one has been able to debunk it. Also these guys seem genuinely shit scared and I don't blame em. Whatch the footage and then when u watch it again you'll see what scares the crap out of these guys. What's everyone think?

This post has been edited by greekprince: Jun 24 2008, 06:51 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
niko
post Jun 24 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 40

Yeah it all seems pretty legit or whatever but all really stageable. Don't get me wrong, I'm a believer in spirits and that type of stuff and this could be 100% real but what happened in the clip could quite easily be faked

--------------------
REAL MEN STAND UPON THE FROZEN DAWN, THE ICY LINE AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE ARGHHHHH

+Quote Post
greekprince
post Jun 24 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Greekplanet Star

Yeah well here is the analysis of it from the show of the flying brick.

I will post up all the other videos soon from this including from Ghost Hunters the other series that also went to the hotel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Jun 24 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #4

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

that was so freaky =)
but i enjoyed every minute of it. haha

+Quote Post
Epicurus
post Jun 25 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Greekplanet P Plater

Member No.: 4,366

I highly doubt that the supernatural has anything to do with it. Namely because there is no good reason to believe in the supernatural.

Supernatural explanations have no real credibility because when they are tested under proper scientific conditions it becomes painfully obvious that there is a perfect natural explanation for why it happened.
There is a Sceptic centre that offers $1,000,000 US to anyone who can prove the supernatural, this has been going for 35 years - no one has claimed the prize and everyone who has tried has failed miserably.

Also, the fact that this 'flying brick' took place on a show called Ghost Adventures and the video was checked for fraud by the very people who would have edited the video doesn't do much to give it more credibility.

The supernatural is the favourite explanation by those with not enough understanding of the natural world.

--------------------

...:::Enquiry Blog:::...

+Quote Post
paulii
post Jun 25 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #6

Greekplanet Star

From: Melbourne - On the DannCeee Floor Drinking Tequila Babyyy
Member No.: 3,463

My whole life ive been a believer in the paranormal, ive had so many experiences that still freak me out.

I do believe the majority of things have logical and reasonable explanations, however, there are those genuine stories that are true.

QUOTE (Epicurus @ Jun 25 2008, 12:00 PM) *
The supernatural is the favourite explanation by those with not enough understanding of the natural world.

very true as well.

There used to be this fantastic quote i used to know, i cant thing of it, something like.

To a skeptic, all the evidence is not a enough, to the believers, they just believe. <-- something along those lines.

+Quote Post
greekprince
post Jun 25 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #7

Greekplanet Star

The video is pretty convincing for two reasons. The fear in these guys voices seems genuine. Secondly it is yet to be debunked, no experts have come out to prove that it is a fake.

I would however like to see the other camera footage from the other guy who also had his camera pointed at the brick. I do not believe that the brick was a sponge because it makes a sound of a brick. If this video can easily be staged as some claim, then it should be able to be easily debunked.

I am a believer in the supernatural. Too much freaky stuff has happened and u only have to speak to other people who also have had freaky stuff in their lives.

I'd love to see some skeptics down in that basement on their own. They'd fuking shit themselves.

But getting to the funny side of this video, I love the 'we aren't scared of you' then next thing they are taking off shit scared and then they get separated. If it was me id have smashed through the paddlocked door i'd do run up and pray the door breaks. I'd be out of there in 2 seconds.

This post has been edited by greekprince: Jun 25 2008, 05:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Epicurus
post Jun 25 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #8

Greekplanet P Plater

To a skeptic, all the evidence is not a enough, to the believers, they just believe.

I disagree, any sceptic would believe any paranormal claim if there was enough evidence.
That is, if you could demonstrate the paranormal in a controlled condition where the ability to cheat is removed, and your claim came true - you would of proven the paranormal.

As to saying Sceptics will ignore the evidence, that is not true at all.
A sceptic is someone who doesn't believe in something that isn't corroborated by evidence, sceptics go where the evidence is (we have no axes to grind).
Believers, conversely, have an agenda and tend to want to interoperate the evidence (what little there is) to their favour.

I know what I would need to see to believe in ghosts, and that would be something along the lines of actually seeing a ghost or seeing a brick miraculously give flight in person (to make sure there is no trickery going on).

Our biology requires explanations, which explains why people are so quick to believe in the supernatural.
Just because logic and reason cannot offer an immediate answer, or people cannot understand the answer is not affirmation of the supernatural.
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Epicurus
post Jun 25 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Greekplanet P Plater

The video is pretty convincing for two reasons. The fear in these guys voices seems genuine. Secondly it is yet to be debunked

They are not very good reasons.

The fear in the voices can be explained by actors.

The fact it is yet to be debunked means nothing, why assume it to be supernatural and then put the burden of proof on people of reason to explain a video which could of been edited or a brick that could of been made of polystyrene, there are a billion tricks you could do to make the brick fly like that.

People claiming the supernatural have the burden of proof on them, if they want to be taken seriously they have to collect hard and irrefutable evidence and show how the conditions would not allow trickery. Something Ghost Adventurers haven't done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
greekprince
post Jun 25 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #10

Greekplanet Star

The video could be faked, i'm not saying that its authentic, i'm just saying that they genuinely seem scared and if they are faking it they are doing a fuking good job of it.

Also, the other investigators who went to that Hotel have their own freaky evidence. I will post that soon

Anyway its funny video, 'we were so scared we jumped from the balcony.lol'

This post has been edited by greekprince: Jun 25 2008, 11:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pat__
post Jun 26 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #11

Professional Poster

Member No.: 410

ghost hunters is an awesome show.
yes clearly i have way too much time on my hands.
has anybody seen the one with the prostitute and the obsession with feet?

This post has been edited by Pat__: Jun 26 2008, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post
Google Bot

Google Ads

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 02:37 AM

Collapse

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]

Blue and White Army Hightekhosting Greek Nationalist Serb Hellenic forums Greek Military Hellas Macedonian.com.au Ν.1 BLOG ΤΗΣ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ Ιστόχωρος του Πολιτιστικού Συλλόγου &quo Macedonia Greece Blogspot History of Macedonia